Can YOU help? --> Unanswered questions <-- (Other than Marcelo's Informational posts)

Your Comments and Suggestions for this new forum

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Your Comments and Suggestions for this new forum. Please give me your ideas, feedback and advice.

harry

Super Moderator
Perhaps a quiet Sunday Night is an ideal time to exchange some ideas on this topic. So, I am giving this thread a bump!

Q

Qualqueen

Your Comments and Suggestions for this new forum. Please give me your ideas, feedback and advice.
:bigwave: Marc,
Did this forum die??? Is this the continuation of "How to meet a Cover" aka "Dining adventures with fellow Covers" or am I missing somthing.

I started a thread about an hour ago asking what happened to Dining... but haven't gotten any response. Thought I'd try here. Any suggestions?

:thanx: Gidget Stough just gave me the link. Thanks anyway Marc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
It's not totally dead, but there are a few forums here which aren't used much, and a few that are close to empty. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but... You never know. It's sorta like the 'blog' add on to the forum. Not many people really use it, but it's there if one wants to.

A few years back there was a phase where quite a few people wanted to meet each other. That's what this came out of. To some degree that phase has died out a bit.

I've met a few people when they passed through Cincinnati and I've met a few people when I was traveling for one reason or another.

Q

Qualqueen

It's not totally dead, but there are a few forums here which aren't used much, and a few that are close to empty. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but... You never know. It's sorta like the 'blog' add on to the forum. Not many people really use it, but it's there if one wants to.

A few years back there was a phase where quite a few people wanted to meet each other. That's what this came out of. To some degree that phase has died out a bit.

I've met a few people when they passed through Cincinnati and I've met a few people when I was traveling for one reason or another.
I think it's a great idea. Thanks for the repy Marc.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I think it's a great idea.
I remember the specifics now - There was one very long thread going on that was started in 2003 (I think it was in the Coffee Break forum at the time): Bump into a 'Cover'? Where the Elite Meet to eat? Are you a Turtle?

The thread got so long with so many replies that I made this sub forum, closed the original thread and moved it here, and 'sorta' suggested that people who are traveling put in their schedule in a new thread before they headed out on a trip if they were interested in meeting up with others who visit here as they traveled. My thought process was that it would make it plainer who would be where and when.

Like I say though, to some degree I think the enthusiasm to meet other forum 'regulars' has declined a bit. :mg:

P

Polly Pure Bread

This forum is excellent. This is not only for those who are interested to learn but also for those who are eager to share its knowledge, expertise and experiences to others who need it. It has wide coverage of topics as far as quality is concerned.
The Cove attracts a lot of enthusiastic folks sharing innovative and constructive ideas.
Good site! Good work!

Top Bottom