Your opinions and thoughts – Why do you visit the forum?

fcabellorivera

Registered
Years ago, the question was asked “Why do you keep coming back to Elsmar Cove?”
The results were varied, interesting, and helpful to affirming the continued path of the site.

Now that Elsmar is reaching 25 years in existence, it’s a great time to check the pulse of the users once again.
Assuming you visit at least somewhat regularly, why do you come back to visit the Elsmar Cove forum?
In my opinion, this is the best forum of quality, that´s why I am here. I like to exchange information with members of this great forum and always I learn something new. I work as a Quality manager and, sometimes, I have no the answer to que questions from my customers and the information that I get of this forum has been useful. Many thanks for let me being part of this forum.

Billy Milly

Quite Involved in Discussions
I was lost. New hire for the QA/RA job nobody had done before. With limited resources, I searched the web, learned and used the new knowledge. By chance, I found Elsmar. I started reading... Wow. I am not alone! There are other folks like me! Resurrection!
I kept on reading. Searched when I got to an obstacle. I was (and still am) thankful for that. Elsmar's discussions learned me that our company really needs some significant changes, but I didn't know where to start... Then, ISO introduced process approach. When I got the grasp on the concept, I was faced with a task of implementing it... Nobody liked my mumbo-jumbo. Everybody was satisfied to do the things "as always", because process approach was too much effort. But when we got lost in loops, it was "because our system is so complicated..."
I managed to get the management on board, Elsmar also gave me some useful tools to achieve that. We finally started describing processes, and not only individual actions. What a blast! Loads of frustrating work, but the results make everybody happy. Especially the management :)
Then MDR came into sight. More work for me... Unfortunately, at the time, MDR was rarely discussed here. I used all the resources I could find, also Elsmar for what it offered back then. When we were "almost compliant", I was thinking while searching the forum... People have questions, I have some knowledge. I am not a know-it-all, but I have confidence in my tiny fraction of knowledge. I figured I could start giving back. Why not? I was helped, now it is time for me to help. Finally, I registered.
Since I registered, I try to help wherever I fell I can. I haven't posted questions yet, but I believe this time will come and Elsmar with all its global users will be here. With loads of quality-related information, just waiting for you to use it.
Thank you all for making this possible. It feels like coming to my "career home". Whenever I feel like I am the only one understanding something, I come here to see that I am not alone.
That's why I love Elsmar with all its users and contributors.:bighug:

Scanton

Wearer of many hats
To learn from others, and share where I can.

I have never found a community of working professionals that are willing to share knowledge, experience & best practices like this one.

This is a safety net for a lot of people, especially those that are not supported by their colleagues and/or can’t afford to pay a professional for their help and/or knowledge.

Zero_yield

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
I've got about 8 years of experience in medical device related topics, but it's all within the same company. I like the company I work for, but I want to gain outside perspective.

I feel like some of our recurrent problems boil down to "if we do what we've always done, we'll get what we've always gotten."

FRA 2 FDA

Involved In Discussions
It has been about 7 months since I first responded to this question and seeing new posts, I came back to check it out. I have now been in my position for a year and many times in the last few months I have found myself explaining important concepts to other people here (we are all newbies) and surprised the hell out of myself with my knowledge. Much of that has come from spending almost every minute of down-time while I'm here just reading threads in the Cove. Many are about topics that I don't interact with. Some are about things I didn't think I needed to learn about. Often, I feel like I'm reading but not comprehending. Then, BAM! All of the sudden, things are coming out of my mouth that seem far more "quality professional" than I feel. So thank you to all who have contributed to that and if there are any new comers reading this, I say READ THIS FORUM FOR MORE THAN JUST AN ANSWER TO A SPECIFIC QUESTION!!!!! You will be surprised at what you can learn.

Top Bottom