Your Opinions and thoughts about the Elsmar Cove forum - Why do you visit the forum?

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Your Opinions and thoughts about the Elsmar Cove forum - Why do you visit the for

My reasons:

The Cove does provide a break from the drudgery of making charts. The occasional shift of thinking does help in my producitivity, and while waiting for computer processing.

The Cove has exposed me to other uses of statistics than what I deal with on a day to day basis, and on some occassions I've been able to better deal with an emerging situation on the job due to I've thought it through previously in a discussion here

The folks using the Cove are an interesting bunch, and good to bounce ideas off of

Officially, I've got the Cove acknowledged by our company lawyers as a "professional development" activity.

G

gooofii

Re: Your Opinions and thoughts about the Elsmar Cove forum - Why do you visit the for

Sharing information, brain storming, proposal of no ending solutions, fast responding, no ''win win'' deal, every one compete to help once a question is proposed, and you ask why I wanna come back ...:rolleyes:
And the most is that I like to just give information and see people using them as this prove my concept which is ''information is already there..you just found it, so...share it with others''

I really have to say ..Thx Mods ! I appreciate your 24/7 works to make the Cove goes on like that:agree:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Officially, I've got the Cove acknowledged by our company lawyers as a "professional development" activity.
Interesting. I know this has been discussed in the distant past in some old threads. At one time someone here wanted to try to get the ASQ to recognize activity here for CEUs if I remember correctly. Of course, nothing ever came of it because there's no way to make a measurable.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

I come to the Cove to help people and to be helped myself. This is the best place that I have seen. That is why I come to the Cove.

G

G Floyd

Because I often sit at my desk wondering why the hell I do this...click on the Cove and realize Im not alone in the world.........:frust:

Geoff.

BradM

Leader
Admin

Because I often sit at my desk wondering why the hell I do this...click on the Cove and realize Im not alone in the world.........:frust:

Geoff.

Well, heck, Geoff... if you have been around here that long, and this is your first post... then it was worth it!:bigwave:

Please, pitch in whenever you can.

J

Juan Dude

I come here to learn :)

C

Craig H.

At one time someone here wanted to try to get the ASQ to recognize activity here for CEUs if I remember correctly. Of course, nothing ever came of it because there's no way to make a measurable.

That would be me.

Even without the credit, it is without a doubt a good way to spend some time. When I first came here I learned a LOT about the application of quality theories on a day to day basis. I am still learning here, pretty much every day.

Something that I find fascinating is that there are many people who come here and post from all around the world. The sun never sets on the Cove. A lot of these people do not speak English as a first language, and I am sure several have to try very hard to communicate, but communicate they do. While the subtle differences between cultures is interesting, even more interesting is how much Q Pros around the world have in common. That is one of the Cove's strengths, and it is just one of the reasons I enjoy coming here.

There are a few other active threads about the humor threads, controversy, etc. I think the informal tone of the forum makes people comfortable, and encourages participation. That is one of the Cove's biggest assets.

Just :2cents:

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

If you want to see how not to thread, look at the "discussions" in wikipedia under some of the quality concepts. Sure, we get a little passionate here, but they shred input just because of its level of spell check or grammar. C'mon...that's just attitude, not passion. Pitiful. I hope we don't "jump the shark" and get like that here...well, not too much. :cool:

H

Harold P

I would say that this is by far the best discussion forum I've come across. While I do visit forums on other sites I do not find any that add as much to my knowledge base as the discussions here. While we may not all agree or like to hear the blunt speak of others regarding our ideas it is helpful to discuss our thoughts in a judgement free environment. Also, the capability to do a simple search for topics or files is a huge help.

Thanks,

Harold

Top Bottom