SBS - The best value in QMS software

'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says

harry

Super Moderator
'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says

This is a prepared text of the Commencement address delivered by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, on June 12, 2005.

........ Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

selena15

Hi All

he had also wished to them to stay foolish and hungry.....etc.

R.I.P Steve Jobs

selena

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
It is a profound truth and too often overlooked in our lives.

But it's getting harder to take his advice. Kids are now being told not to bother with liberal arts schooling - they should instead be engineers because "You can't eat a History degree." And there's a lot of truth to that because it's really hard to start up an insanely great business in your garage, and it's getting harder.

I look forward to the day when we do a better job - if we ever do - of steering our kids to occupations that feed them personally and professionally. We in the U.S. are pretty much relying on the free market's chaos theory of labor economics, or the caste system that's emerging - college is becoming a pipe dream for too many undiscovered talents.

Talent - that's a word I hate to hear used by people like my otherwise esteemed instructor, who insisted there's a looming talent shortage. Indeed, he believes he's seeing that now because there are an estimated three million jobs going begging for the "talent" that never seems to show up. But that's not talent - that's skill, and skills are built, not come upon by chance.

So Steve Jobs will continue to be the superstar. RIP Steve, we will miss you but I regret to notice your nemesis, Bill Gates, is the one who is the one who is throwing his considerable wealth into developing talent so maybe we'll come up with someone to follow in your footsteps, if not replace you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Having got ISO 13485:2016 are you dropping ISO 9001? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Marco Bernardi Johnson transformation: The PPU has been got even if USL not? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
V WOW ....Got past through the ASQ CSSBB exam... Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
M A question on Measurement System Analysis - Stability to measure got Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Claes Gefvenberg I got a not so lame phishing mail... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
M Even the ASQ got it wrong, the Kano model Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Randy I've got new family Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
R How to assess capability for parameters which has got either Min values or Max values Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
R SOPs in Manufacturing - Has anyone got a management process that works? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Q Where were you on 9/11/2001 when the world trade center got hit? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 28
smryan Share the Joy! Our little company just got a huge grant! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
S Improve the Cycle Time of Corrective Actions ? What have I got myself into Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
Jim Wynne Another way to tell that you've got too much money Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 16
Randy I got a new ride too! 1990 'Vette Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 50
RoxaneB Wee! I got a Wii! Imported Legacy Blogs 10
ScottK I just got my first Mac... any advice or recommended software? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
ScottK I got an iPhone this weekend After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
S Have I got the right idea for my ISO 9000 compliance project... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
ScottK I updated my information on Monster and got... Career and Occupation Discussions 31
C Leonardo got nailed! A guiness world record Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
T Got my phone interview Career and Occupation Discussions 28
Wes Bucey Need a quick million? Got an unused website? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
F Has anyone got any examples of staff training records, training plans, etc.? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
I Tattoos - So I broke down this weekend and got my first tattoo Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 102
W Got Any Insightful Interview Questions? Personality and aptitude Career and Occupation Discussions 33
J Boeing CFO got caught - Why wasn't a nonconformance found here? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
P 18 Ga Wire Help - Wire got wet - Is it any good? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
D ISO 9001 - Gigantic waste or Beneficial? Why does ISO 9001 exist? Got data/facts? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 235
Q Did anyone got training on Visteon Product Development System (VPDS)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
R Wavetek 9100 - Calibrate it yourself or has it got to go to the factory? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R After the registration audit - Hey we got our certificate, that's all that matters Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
R Info on when Columbian Chemicals got QS9000 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
M Find updates to REACH and Rohs regulations REACH and RoHS Conversations 1
N Where to find Regulations for Reprocessing and Reuse of Single-Use Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
D Where to find Guidance Class II Amendment Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
S How to find technical specification for facilities maintainance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
J Where can I find the latest update to Reach and ROHS? REACH and RoHS Conversations 9
G Where to find Proficiency Test provider for photometrics (spectral %R, %T, photo density) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
C TL-9000 Certifying Body Issue - Auditor failed to find an issue for 10 years TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 16
R How to find out the UMDNS code for medical devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M Plating standards - Where to find information AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Where I can find an ISO 13485:2016 Audit Schedule example? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Proud Liberal DFMEA / PFMEA linkage - Where in the standards do I find it? FMEA and Control Plans 5
N Where I can find an Excel sample/template for recording Delivery Time and Cost Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
R Specification on flare testing extruded aluminum - Where to find Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
A AS9100 Rev:D in Spanish - where can I find a Spanish version? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
I Moving into Clinical Trials and need to find GMP Suppliers 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Where can I find an English version of Japan's PMD Act? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
S Where to Find DEV and DFE numbers on FDA Website Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3