SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Zahn Cup Correction Chart - Boeing specification BSS 7234

F

Flaps40

Helo guys, I've search related topics in Elsmar, but cannot find one, so i create the topic.

Last month our company received SER from Boeing's reps. Their finding was "No corrective chart for Zahn cup as per BSS 7234". Corrective chart is for convertion between Efflux time vs Zahn second.

Our external calibration company cannot provide the chart because they don't even know about Boeing spec BSS7234, and they only a general calibration company.

Our company uses Zahn cup no.2, so my query is, is anybody can share with me his/her corrective chart and the method to develop the chart. I know each individual zahn cup cannot be the same. I just wanna know the method to develop it.

Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Zahn Cup Correction Chart

Helo guys, I've search related topics in Elsmar, but cannot find one, so i create the topic.

Last month our company received SER from Boeing's reps. Their finding was "No corrective chart for Zahn cup as per BSS 7234". Corrective chart is for convertion between Efflux time vs Zahn second.

Our external calibration company cannot provide the chart because they don't even know about Boeing spec BSS7234, and they only a general calibration company.

Our company uses Zahn cup no.2, so my query is, is anybody can share with me his/her corrective chart and the method to develop the chart. I know each individual zahn cup cannot be the same. I just wanna know the method to develop it.

Thanks.
I am not an expert in Zahn Cups, but could this article help?

How about this one?

Stijloor.

A

andygr

You must be using a BMS material that requires a viscosity test to Boeing standards. Unfortunatly BSS7234 is Boeing Proprietary, Basic Controls in Accordance with PRO-2227 Required so it can not be posted here.
Sooo
You must get on the Boeing Portal and get a copy and look at it. It is only 4 pages and tells you how to create the required chart. You can flow it down to your calibration house and they can perform the calibration and supply the chart if they follw the BSS.
If you can not find/get the BS 7234 frpm the portal just ask your Boeing PQR for a copy.

:2cents:

F

Flaps40

Yes, I am actually reading the BSS7234 right now... Thank God it explains everything. But in certain clauses, I can't understand... Never mind, I'll talk to Boeing reps later...

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sjudge65

It's been a while since I calibrated a Zahn cup to the BSSS 7234.
If I recall correctly.
You calibrate with a neutonian fluid ( oil ) that has a flow time in the range that you are measuring viscosity.

So you may need to convert flow time expected to a centistoike viscosity based on the calculation in the 7234. This will identify the neutonian oil you need to purchase.
You can then measure the actual flow time of this oil through your cup.
If the actual value deviates from the calculated value you then determine the % error and apply this as a factor when using the cup in production.
Hope this helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Australia's Melbourne Cup - 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
M K-Cup (Keurig) Recycling - This recycling program is still in development Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
A Japan won its first Soccer Women?s World Cup Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Q Soccer time: Women World Cup and Copa America Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Ajit Basrur India beat Sri Lanka to win ICC World Cup 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M World Cup 2018 & 2022 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
H Score Calculator for WORLD CUP of 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Moncia The FIFA World Cup - June 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 454
samer World Cup 2010 South Africa Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 76
A If the estimates are correct Mexico could win a future Soccer World Cup Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 19
Colin World Cup 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
R Lord Stanley - It's Cup Time! 2009 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 85
RoxaneB Stanley Cup 2007 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 60
Wes Bucey Don't be a mooch! Buy a cup of coffee! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 22
T World Cup Workbook - 2006 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
samer Which team will win the 2006 Football (Soccer) world cup - Germany? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 245
G What to do with correction factors overlooked by an accredited standard (6.4.11)? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
G Rework, Reprocess, or Correction - A simple blurred letter on the legible etching ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
G Correction fluid found on documents that are reviewed Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 11
Q Correction of records - FAR or DFAR? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
A Who pays for correction and removal actions? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
P Documentation for correction, corrective action, mini CAPA Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
Uriel Alejandro Evaluation of the effectiveness of correction actions General Auditing Discussions 15
D Non ASTM Partial Immersion LGT emergent stem correction General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
I EO sterilization out of specification and correction Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Jane's When audit NC requires only correction ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
J Who can make a Correction of Entry on GMP Records Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
J ISO 9001:2015 - Clause for Correction of a QMS Nonconformity ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
C Medical Device Malfunction - Customer Complaint - Response vs. Correction Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Q Corrective Action Effectiveness also for correction? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
M Does there always have to be a "correction?" Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 16
K Definition Correction, Corrective Action and Preventive Action - Definition of terms Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 28
A Software Medical Device Bug Fixes: Correction or Corrective Action? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
L Medical Device Reporting vs Recall/Correction: What action to take? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
R How do I extend Correction factor of Calibration cert to compute instrument accuracy Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
A AS9100 and Record Correction Procedure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
N Applying Correction Factors to Furnaces Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Calculation for Correction Deformation (Pitch Diameter) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Observations - Is Correction / Corrective Action a Must ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Correction and Degree of Error - Metrology Definitions and Differences General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B How do I calculate Correction to Caliper Calibration Data General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Q Correction Action as Preventive Action at another Plant? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Correction and Removal - Include Device used in Non-Production Environment? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
Q CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Action) after Correction always? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
B Recall vs. Field Correction - Field Corrections instead of a Recall US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 25
Q Corrective Action - Disposition always Correction? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S 3 Wire Pitch Dia. Method - Measuring Force Correction & Lechowski?s method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Definition Corrective Action vs. Correction: Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 18
D NLEC (Non-Linear Error Correction) vs. SLEC (Segmented Linear) Calibration Technique Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
S Correction vs. Corrective Action - Differences Nonconformance and Corrective Action 30