Zero to certification in 6 months!

Frankie11

Involved In Discussions
I was told about a year ago that I had to get a new company certified for quality, safety and environmental ASAP.
We started in April. Had our stage 1 in July. Had 4 major NCs from that - audits and management reviews not done, most of the procedures still in draft form etc.
We had our stage 2 yesterday. Auditors were very impressed and are recommending us for certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, AS 4801 and OHSAS 18001.
:D

Had a great GM to work with. He was totally on board and quick to fix up anything that needed fixing.

I wish every manager were like that.

And of course, :thanks: to the fantastic people here. I've learned a lot from you guys.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jamie_

That is awesome! We went from zero to certification in 6 months 3 weeks and it was brutal, but I'm prouder of that than anything else in my career and I work it into conversation obnoxiously often. I try to stop myself, but my family is under instructions to make sure it's mentioned during my eulogy when the time comes.

And what normzone said, now it gets interesting. Enjoy it and rest on your laurels for 5 minutes and then start endlessly worrying about maintaining and improving. :)

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Congratulations! Now my question is, will your organization be able to sustain and improve the system without having you play rescuer all the time? You don't want to be a quality system victim, right? :agree1:

Frankie11

Involved In Discussions
I don't actually work for this company - their owner also owns the company I work for.
So maintenance is very much out of my hands. :agree1:

I'll just continue to do audits and provide advice and assistance where necessary.

I think they'll be fine, very strong management commitment.

Thanks for the replies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Certifying a "virtual" company with zero employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Sam Lazzara Time Zero testing in med device aging studies Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
C Are zero defect sampling plans relevant to AS9120B Distributor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M Zero Defect Sampling Plan Standards Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
B IATF 16949 Cl. 8.6.6 - Acceptance Criteria - Zero Defects Attribute Data Sampling IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
WCHorn Changing Sampling Accept Number to Zero, Arbitrarily AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
C ISO 9001:2008 Audit Major Finding - Dial Calipers not set to zero ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
R Can Cp and Cpk be zero? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 10
W Zero setting of correlation graph when plotting best fit linear regression Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
M Zero Tolerancing on True Position using MMC (Maximum Material Condition) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P Rounding Uncertainty to Zero on a Calibration Certificate Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 7
S Justifying the AQL for a Zero (C=0) Acceptance Plan (Medical Device) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
L What is the Cpk for Zero Defects Six Sigma 4
optomist1 Differences and Advantages of using a Zero Positional Tolerance at MMC Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
S Getting Zero for GR&R Reproducibility? Using Minitab Software 5
V C=0 Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan - Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
R Zero Acceptance Sampling Plans 5th edition by Squeglia - Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
M Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plans for Isolated Lots Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P Minitab error: Zero or negative degrees of freedom Using Minitab Software 16
T Zero Failure Sampling Plans Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) for Zero Defects AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 13
C Can you change all your WI (Work Instruction) revisions back to zero (0) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
S Is "Zero Accidents" a realistic goal? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 101
Chennaiite High Technology Visual Inspection for Casting and Forging Parts - Zero Defects Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
M Cpk with LSL (Lower Specification Limit) at zero? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Q Zero-Based Sampling Plan - Governing document or main reference document Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plans, Fifth Edition (e-Book) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
K Design of Lot Acceptance Sampling Plan - Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plans Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 27
P Definition S-type Tolerance - Unilateral tolerance where the desired value is 0 (zero) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
C AV equals Zero in Minitab - MSA with 2 Appraisers Using Minitab Software 11
U Zero findings!!!!!!!!!!! First visit back since our registration audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I R-sq Value is Almost Zero - Linearity Study Question Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D What does Zero Defects mean? TS 16949 Clause 7.1.2 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
Y What is the confidence level for a given AQL in zero sampling plan AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
A Is zero defects possible? We are dealing with 25 to 30 parameters Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 21
D The difference between zero defect and zero defection? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
J Zero Defect Dating Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 37
G Stuck with Zero Defect target - Manufacturing Waste Target is Zero Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
Marc Ford bondholders zero in on cash, not recovery values World News 0
C Sampling plan/method that accepts on ZERO defects Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
Marc Microsoft Excel zero-day vulnerability confirmed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
Wayne Searching for Zero - The Definitive Dimensional Metrology Reference Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
Marc Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan - C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
D Zero Acceptance Sampling - Is anyone is actually using this? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
P Zero Acceptance Sampling Plan By N.L. Squeglia Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Can the Standard Deviation (SD) value be zero? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
S Gas Spectrometers - Calibration vs. Zero Adjustment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Sidney Vianna Impressive environmental news from Toyota North America - Zero landfill disposal Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 9
C How do you put a cost on 0 rejects (zero defects?)? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
G Has anyone heard of the Squeglia Zero (c=0) Acceptance Sampling Plan? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6