The Elsmar Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Elsmar Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Welcome to what was The Original Cayman Cove Forums!
This thread is carried over and continued in the Current Elsmar Cove Forums

Search the Elsmar Cove!

Wooden Line
This is a "Frozen" Legacy Forum.
Most links on this page do NOT work.
Discussions since 2001 are HERE

Owl Line
The New Elsmar Cove Forums   The New Elsmar Cove Forums
  QS-9000
  Management Review

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Management Review
Lyndon Diong
Forum Contributor

Posts: 21
From:Ipoh, Parak, Malaysia
Registered:

posted 14 December 1998 03:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lyndon Diong   Click Here to Email Lyndon Diong     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
We conduct a management review once every 3 months. Do the management review need to review all the elements of the entire quality system everytime?

IP: Logged

Marc Smith
Cheech Wizard

Posts: 4119
From:West Chester, OH, USA
Registered:

posted 14 December 1998 07:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Smith   Click Here to Email Marc Smith     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Nope. Not everything every time.

IP: Logged

Marc Smith
Cheech Wizard

Posts: 4119
From:West Chester, OH, USA
Registered:

posted 05 February 2000 07:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Smith   Click Here to Email Marc Smith     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Qualification - all have to be done once a year, but not all of them at every meeting if you meet more than once a year.

IP: Logged

Lyndon Diong
Forum Contributor

Posts: 21
From:Ipoh, Parak, Malaysia
Registered:

posted 08 February 2000 01:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lyndon Diong   Click Here to Email Lyndon Diong     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How do we show evidence that all elements are reviewed.

IP: Logged

barb butrym
Forum Contributor

Posts: 637
From:South Central Massachusetts
Registered:

posted 08 February 2000 08:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for barb butrym   Click Here to Email barb butrym     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the records (minutes?) of the meetings should provide that evidence

IP: Logged

Qualiman
Forum Contributor

Posts: 35
From:Cuautitlan , Mexico
Registered: Feb 2000

posted 09 February 2000 08:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Qualiman   Click Here to Email Qualiman     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If you use a basic form as an agenda and you annotate that form during the meeting you have your evidence. The file Mgmt_rev.pdf in the Elsmar.com/pdf_files/ directory is an example of a very simple management review form (agenda). It is for a very small company and is from several years - so you would have to update it and adjust it for your company, but that's not a big deal.

In so far as specifically addressing each element once a year, ask yourself how you do it. Some companies do this by way of dicsussion of presentation of audit findings (internal and external). If at 1 meeting you discuss audits (which should touch on every element - even if no findings were found in an element, that should be stated) you annotate that you did so.

If your auditor then says something like "Well, I see you wrote that you discussed audit findings and you say you touched on every element but how do I know you actually discussed every element..." I would suggest you get ready to request a different auditor. There is a point where things become 'stupid'. To go to the extreme a company would have to record every meeting on audio tape (at least) to catch every detail and to provide proof (evidence) of every detail discussed.

IP: Logged

Marc Smith
Cheech Wizard

Posts: 4119
From:West Chester, OH, USA
Registered:

posted 09 February 2000 09:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Smith   Click Here to Email Marc Smith     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
> > A recent ISO9001 continuous assessment highlighted that our management
> > review was lacking in the suitability (are the systems you have the
> > "right" systems) portion. The problem is the objective evidence. We were
> > told that usually the problem part of the management review is the
> > effectiveness (are your systems operating as they are documented)
> > portion and not the suitability portion.
> >
> > I am looking for how others are fulfilling the suitability portion of
> > the management review and how you provide the objective evidence.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan Fleser
> > FLESERR@VTC.COM

Subject: Re: Q:Management Review/O'Leary
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:02:35 -0600
From: ISO Standards Discussion

From: IN%"doleary@mr.picker.com" "Daniel J. O'Leary"

In management reviews we address the problem with a statement in the minutes. We believe that suitability is a conclusion that you draw based on the information presented. We may say the system is suitable or we may say it is suitable after some changes have been made.

Our minutes, the quality record, have these defined requirements.

The meeting AGENDA

List of attendees
1. Strengths of the Quality System noted during meeting
2. Weakness of the Quality System noted during the meeting
3. Corrective action assignments made during made during the meeting
4. A statement of the suitability and effectiveness of the documented procedures and instructions
5. A statement of the need to redefine management's Quality Policy, Quality Objectives, and commitment to Quality
6. Objective evidence of effectiveness presented during the meeting

The minutes of the meeting are reviewed and approved by the Quality System Management Representative and the Vice President & General Manager.

Dan O'Leary CQA, CQE, CQM, CRE
doleary@mr.picker.com

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Standard Time (USA)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Hop to:

Contact Us | The Elsmar Cove Home Page

Your Input Into These Forums Is Appreciated! Thanks!


Main Site Search
Y'All Come Back Now, Ya Hear?
Powered by FreeBSD!Made With A Mac!Powered by Apache!