The Elsmar Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Elsmar Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Welcome to what was The Original Cayman Cove Forums!
This thread is carried over and continued in the Current Elsmar Cove Forums

Search the Elsmar Cove!

Wooden Line
This is a "Frozen" Legacy Forum.
Most links on this page do NOT work.
Discussions since 2001 are HERE

Owl Line
The New Elsmar Cove Forums   The New Elsmar Cove Forums
  Measurement, Test and Calibration
  Calibration equipment

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Calibration equipment
posted 23 March 2001 09:07 AM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hello all,

I need a advice from you.

My question is. Wich equipments I must use to calibrate:
- Oscilloscope 100Mhz
- Multimeters
- Withstand voltage tester
- Termometers
- Torque analiser

Thank you

IP: Logged

Jerry Eldred
Forum Wizard

Posts: 136
Registered: Dec 1999

posted 02 April 2001 01:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry Eldred   Click Here to Email Jerry Eldred     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is a fairly complicated question. 100 MHz Oscilloscope requires a scope pack (time mark generator, level generator, and leveled sinewave generator). Some of the manufacturers you can check with for that are Fluke, Tektronix, and Datron/Wavetek. Those are about the only companies that make scope calibrators.

Multimeters, depending on the accuracy level you require would also be Fluke and Datron. Those are the main manufacturers.

Withstand voltage tester requires high voltage divider and some current shunt resistors. There are numerous companies that make those. A few that come to mind are Ross Engineering, and Fluke for the divider, and Tegam (ESI), Quadtech, IET for the resistors. You also need a good accuracy meter for the measurement. Companies that make those include Agilent (HP), Fluke, Keithley, Datron, Advantest.

Thermometers, depending on the accuracy, type and range require a drywell calibrator. There are a number of vendors that sell these. Some are Hart Scientific, Techne, Omega Engineering, ASL.

Torque Analyzers are a little complicated. I would have to do a little digging to get a few vendor names for them.

I am not specifically encouraging you to buy or not buy any of the above brands. I tried to think of all the manufacturer names I am familiar with as information. No implication of which vendors are better or worse is intended (i.e.: I am not selling any of them).

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to email me directly at .

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Standard Time (USA)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Hop to:

Contact Us | The Elsmar Cove Home Page

Your Input Into These Forums Is Appreciated! Thanks!

Main Site Search
Y'All Come Back Now, Ya Hear?
Powered by FreeBSD!Made With A Mac!Powered by Apache!