Quality Manual - A document describing the quality system of an organization. Often the company's quality policy is contained in the company quality manual or referenced therein.
- A quality manual may relate to the totality of an organization's activities or only to a part of it.
The title and scope of the manual reflects the field of application.
- A quality manual will normally contain or refer to , at a minimum:
- quality policy
- the responsibilities, authorities, and interrelationships of personnel who manage,
perform, verify, or review work affecting quality
- the quality system procedures and instruction
- a statement for reviewing, updating, and controlling the manual.
- A quality manual can vary in depth and format to suit the needs of an organization.
It may be used, for example, "quality assurance manual." "quality management manual."
Also see these definitive discussion threads:
ISO 9001 Quality Manual Organization and Structure including Numbering
Does a Quality Manual have to be in the format of ISO 9001:2000?
Has anyone written a Quality Manual for a Small Company Quality System?
TS 16949 Quality Manual Templates - Lots of free examples and great discussion!