ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Manufacturing Software Recommendations

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Friends,

A potential Client of ours is in the process to purchase ERP Manufacturing Software. Their final choices are:
  1. Global Shop Solutions
  2. E2 Shop System
Does anyone have any experience with these companies and their ERP software? How did this software perform in an "ISO 9001 environment?"

I am not an ERP software expert so I value all feedback.

Thank you very much.

Stijloor.

S

somerqc

Re: ERP Manufacturing Software

I have used 2 other ERP systems in an ISO 9001 environment and it made the management of the system much easier in the long run. I have no experience with the two you have mentioned.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: ERP Manufacturing Software

I have used Global Shop in conjunction with MQ1. MQ1 was the fundamental quality system database. That location was cheap - so they never invested in a bridge between the Global Shop and MQ1 - but it would have been handy!

D

DJLechleitner

I am currently employed as a Presales Principal working with Exact JobBOSS--one of the leading providers of shop management software and integrated quality management solutions for job shops.

Either system mentioned above is good depending on the fit to your company. One started more as an MRP solution and has adapted functionality to fit a job shop. The other has its roots in job shops and has more MRP type functionality. As someone who has worked with over 1500 of our 4500 customers directly, my recommendation is to select a system that has the right features and functions (of course), but also fits the environment you are in.

Exact JobBOSS besides core functionality required for a job shop, for example, has two levels of quality management solutions depending on the environment and level of certification. One is it's own integrated solution centering around the key ISO requirements including process control, document management, human resource management (BIG in the latest version of the standard), and process improvement.

The other is an integration with MQ1 as mentioned by another poster here.

Why do we have two options--simply put, each company's customer have different requirements which might not be served by a single out of the box solution, so we give our customers an option so they can review the options and make an informed decision.

Good luck on your review of the various options.

Top Bottom