Internal Audit Scheduling Software Recommendations

R

rsbagley

I am looking for software to schedule and manage audits. Does anyone have experience with a program they have found to be exceptional?

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Audit Scheduling Software

I am looking for software to schedule and manage audits. Does anyone have experience with a program they have found to be exceptional?

Sadly, I've not found one yet that makes an 'exceptional' job of this. Most have a calendering function, email notifications etc, but leave a lot to be desired when it comes to other important functions of planning audits. I'd be most interested in learning if others have found something which works...

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I can't recommend anything off hand, but you might want to let us know some things like how big a company? I know a small company that literally keeps their audit schedule on a wall calendar.

There is a nice iPhone app that is promising - Search for EHSQ.

Marc

Leader
Dear Marc,
Nice answer.
What is "EHSQ"
The app in the iTunes store is: EHSQ Audit and Verification. Also see: http://www.nimonik.ca and iPhone 'App" for Checklists - They have much more than checklists. You almost have to get the app to appreciate it. It's not just a bunch of static check lists. You can set up facilities, apply appropriate check lists, go through the check lists at different locations, incorporate notes, pictures with the camera, add voice notes, etc. If I had something like this for my old Apple Newton in the 1990's it would have been one heck of a help. The Newton didn't have voice recording or camera - it was 'early' technology, but it still would have been nice.

As a disclaimer I have no connection with them financial or otherwise.

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions

i only saw and use(d) excel, word and calendar on exchange, even for a large 1000+ organization.
br
Sz.

Marc

Leader
Then again, not every company is so deep into Microsoft that they have an Exchange server. It's not a small investment, either.

AndyN

Moved On
I like the look of the Nimonix software - partly because I'm a Mac convert and see huge potential with the iPad for auditors. It appears, as with much of the other available software to be too heavily centered on compliance and auditing to the 'standard' which isn't really the only focus and they don't give you any tools to make your own process audits any easier - you still have to put in the work of creating whatever you need, as an auditor, to audit the organizations QMS...

That said, it does look like one of the better ones - and it's for Mac!!;)

Top Bottom