Boeing D6-51991 Product Acceptance Software question

F

Fredrseymour

Boeing requires that "Supplier PAS must be verified prior to product acceptance use. The supplier will establish and maintain a procedure independent of the software developer to determine that the software, and subsequent revisions, accomplish its intended function......"

I'm looking for some feedback on how to reasonably accomplish this.

Thanks

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Boeing D6-51991 Part Acceptance Software question

A quick "Bump". My Thanks in advance if anyone can help with this one!

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

This requirement is similar to the ISO9001 7.6 requirement:

"When used in the monitoring and measurement of specified requirments, the ability of computer software to satisfy the intended application shall be confirmed. This shall be undertaken prior to intial use and reconfirmed as necessary."

Boeing's D6-51991 adds that a formal means of identifying approved PAS is required, etc.

As this pertains to us, we have laser tracker and CMM software. You may have others or none.

Here is our PAS artifact - the model and the print - that we use whenever we're evaluting new product acceptance software. Section 3.3 of our DPD procedure describes our process and then we have a detailed work instruction for the actual inspection of the artifact.

Hope this is helpful!:bigwave:

PS - I think because of my file size limits, I can't upload the PAS model pdf in color - sorry about the black and white - it's not very clear.

Attachments

• VQA.PR.15 Digital Product Definition Procedure.docx
    35.7 KB · Views: 877
  • pas print.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 756
  • pas model bw.pdf
    438 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:
M

markkirby

Cari,
Could you please post the detailed work instruction for inspecting the artifact? We have just made one, and I now have to specify the inspection procedure.
Thanks

R

Rockanna

We created a document from the point of how we uploaded the Boeing drawings and capturing the information to bring them into our drawing system (Product Data System). We had internal procedures in place for CMM and laser marking due to being ISO certified.

F

Fredrseymour

Thanks to everyone who replied. We have developed our procedures to the satisfaction of our auditor. I would still be interested in hearing from anyone who actually proved our the software provided by their CMM software developer independent of the software developer ...common you software quality folks know what I mean. I know it checks my artifact ok...but thats all I know.

Metrologywiz

Registered

MTI Canada offers a letter of comliance for MBD Catiia software compliance.

Attachments

• Mitutoyo MCOSMOS 3-CATIA v5 certification.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 451
S

SWitt

Thank you Cari. We recently started working with Boeing and are beginning to prepare for our D6-51991 audit. It is very helpful to see how other shops are handling this.

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Cari,

I'm just getting my DPD program up-to-speed and I'm in the process of reviewing your attached procedure for ideas. (Thank you for posting the procedure!)

I was wondering though.....as your Quality Systems Manager is designated as the DPD Representative, has there ever been any flags raised by your customer that the Quality Systems Manager is also the Lead Internal Auditor for auditing the DPD program? It appears to be a conflict of interest in that the person running the program is also auditing it.

Top Bottom