What is a Quality Assurance Plan? Help with Content for a Sea Port QA Plan

M

m.Ismail

What is Quality Assurance Plan? What details it need to be work out?

Can anyone share sample Quality assurance plan for the Sea Port area ?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
What is Quality Assurance Plan? What details it need to be work out?

quality plan
document specifying which processes, procedures and associated resources will be applied by whom and when, to meet the requirements of a specific project, product, process or contract.
NOTE 1 These procedures generally include those referring to quality management processes and to product realization
processes.
NOTE 2 A quality plan often makes reference to parts of the quality manual or to procedure documents.
NOTE 3 A quality plan is generally one of the results of quality planning.

This is what the ISO10005 describes about quality plan

The QP can be in a Table. Flow chart, Form, Text type depending upon your comfort levels. Try and fit your quality plan in the attached form and see if it works for you...

Attachments

• Quality Plan form.xls
    32 KB · Views: 1,325
Last edited:
M

m.Ismail

kindly advice me on my plan I put in a table (date, Activity, Responsiblity and Remarks)
below example of Jan month activity:

Review HSE Procedures & policy
Internal Auditor Training
Review Departmental Active Forms
Preparing Doc. Interface Plan
Preparing 2012 Objectives & Target

Can anyone share sample Quality assurance plan ?

R

Randy Lefferts

Ismail,

Do a search in the attachements list to see if you can find something that will help spark some ideas for you.

I did a quick search for "Quality Assurance Plan" and it returned this.

Perhaps change it to "QA Plan" or any other variation to return more results.

At the top of the screen is a lighthouse, if you look to the right of that, you should see "Post Attachments List" in green. Click on that and you will be searching the attachments that are available here. Next to that is a link "More Free Files." You may check there as well.

Good luck.

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
I think you are using Quality Assurance plan and Quality Plan interchangeably.

QA plan is product oriented and Quality Plan is management oriented.

QA plan relates to section 7 (product realization) of ISOxxxxx.QA plan changes with every product

Quality Plan relates to sections 4,5,6,7, and 8 of ISO and describes how you manage them. QA plan is part of QMS.

Q

QAMTY

Michellemmm

Could you give share examples as what a QA plan and a QP
should contain when there is a contract for fabrication
between companies, say a client and a manufacturer?

I have seen some of them where there is a compromise
to manage : Claims, NC´s, Organization Charts, document management, changes,etc.

Thanks

AndyN

Moved On
kindly advice me on my plan I put in a table (date, Activity, Responsiblity and Remarks)
below example of Jan month activity:

Review HSE Procedures & policy
Internal Auditor Training
Review Departmental Active Forms
Preparing Doc. Interface Plan
Preparing 2012 Objectives & Target

Can anyone share sample Quality assurance plan ?

I agree with Michelle's explanation. Ismail, can you post what you have? Make certain there's nothing in your document which is sensitive/proprietary before you share it with us.

What are you preparing this QA plan for? What you describe above is more like some example steps of a project plan for ISO implementation, not a QA plan.

AndyN

Moved On
In my experience, a QA Plan is a 'mini-QMS'. It lays out the specifics of the approach to QA, for a given client/project/program and - the way it was initially explained to me - is a compilation of the specific documents of the QMS (plus some others which may need to be drawn up for that particular job) drawn from the overall QMS, including

An org chart, would show the specific personnel associated with the QA plan, even down to their particular roles, responsibilities and authorities - maybe their cell phone numbers!

The suppliers and how they are being monitored/selected etc.

The actual testing instructions for the product, and so on.

M

mortby

I would tend to agree with AndyN.

In my experience we use the terms 'Quality Plan', 'Contract Quality Plan' and 'Project Quality Plan' interchangeably.
However, they all go through a customer approval loop.

They relate the QMS of the business to the specific contract or project and describe which elements of the QMS will be used to meet each of the specific quality requirements of the contract.

It would include any exceptions to the quality system, for example, where a customer has requested documents or drawings to be completed on customer owned templates.

It also identifies any particular quality history records that are to be provided to the customer at key stages of the development process and how this distribution works.

Our policy is to review our quality plans on a regular basis as well as whenever a significant contract change is implemented.

There are some industry specific standards out there which are very clear on what a deliverable quality plan should contain and how it should be controlled. I won't reference any as they very much depend on your industry and location, but it might be worth having a look around.

Top Bottom