Vendor Assessment Score Discussion and Improvement Plan

AQARA

Involved In Discussions
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you the recent vendor assessment score provided by our esteemed customer. As a critical materials vendor, our score stands at 6 out of 9, indicating areas that require immediate attention and improvement.

The main issues highlighted in the assessment are related to delays in delivery schedules and the quality level of our products. I believe these issues have contributed significantly to our overall score.

Our customer has kindly offered us an opportunity to discuss these matters further in a scheduled call. The purpose of this call is to outline key areas of improvement, establish (KPIs) to monitor our progress, and introduce recent and upcoming developments that may enhance our performance and might not yet be reflected in their vendor database.

I'll be representing our Quality Assurance department in this meeting. While I'm relatively new to this particular aspect of quality management, I am eager to contribute effectively to this discussion.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance on:
  1. Specific areas of improvement that should be prioritized and emphasized upon.
  2. Strategies or initiatives that have the potential to address the delivery delays and enhance product quality.
  3. Suggestions for KPIs that can effectively measure our performance and improvements
thank you!

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you the recent vendor assessment score provided by our esteemed customer. As a critical materials vendor, our score stands at 6 out of 9, indicating areas that require immediate attention and improvement.

The main issues highlighted in the assessment are related to delays in delivery schedules and the quality level of our products. I believe these issues have contributed significantly to our overall score.

Our customer has kindly offered us an opportunity to discuss these matters further in a scheduled call. The purpose of this call is to outline key areas of improvement, establish (KPIs) to monitor our progress, and introduce recent and upcoming developments that may enhance our performance and might not yet be reflected in their vendor database.

I'll be representing our Quality Assurance department in this meeting. While I'm relatively new to this particular aspect of quality management, I am eager to contribute effectively to this discussion.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance on:
  1. Specific areas of improvement that should be prioritized and emphasized upon.
  2. Strategies or initiatives that have the potential to address the delivery delays and enhance product quality.
  3. Suggestions for KPIs that can effectively measure our performance and improvements
thank you!
Did you customer submitted to you a formal SCAR ( supplier corrective action request) for some issues you cause? If so , you should put in place a corrective action following problem solving method as per customer request ( 8D, 5 Why's..). You should implement corrective action and understand if they also apply to other process/product. Effective verification could represent a KPI.
Quality levels of the products could be inherent to the defectiveness of the products. Do you have risk analysis ( FMEA), control plan , spec and other quality tools in place?
As to delivery schedules, do you have in place demand process management? How do you monitor it?
Are you ISO 9001 or IATF 16949 certified? What is your business?

AQARA

Involved In Discussions
Did you customer submitted to you a formal SCAR ( supplier corrective action request) for some issues you cause? If so , you should put in place a corrective action following problem solving method as per customer request ( 8D, 5 Why's..). You should implement corrective action and understand if they also apply to other process/product. Effective verification could represent a KPI.
Quality levels of the products could be inherent to the defectiveness of the products. Do you have risk analysis ( FMEA), control plan , spec and other quality tools in place?
As to delivery schedules, do you have in place demand process management? How do you monitor it?
Are you ISO 9001 or IATF 16949 certified? What is your business?
Hi @qusys, we are small start-up company with ISO-13485 certification. We never received a SCAR or even informed with any issues by the customer! we dont have an efficient control plan in place yet.

qusys

Hi @qusys, we are small start-up company with ISO-13485 certification. We never received a SCAR or even informed with any issues by the customer! we dont have an efficient control plan in place yet.
DO you have customer requirements for the items for which your customer scored you low as ranking? My advice is to share a continual improvement plan for this but expectations should be clear and effectively communicated . Supplier scorecard should not be a surprise. Do you have KPI for this?

AQARA

Involved In Discussions
DO you have customer requirements for the items for which your customer scored you low as ranking? My advice is to share a continual improvement plan for this but expectations should be clear and effectively communicated . Supplier scorecard should not be a surprise. Do you have KPI for this?
@qusys, no we do not have KPI and this is what I am looking for!.

Golfman25

You need to define the issues. If you have ”poor quality” what are the quality issues? If you have “poor delivery“ what are the issues? They need to share this information with you. Then you can do a Pareto chart and figure out what to focus on.

Foe example, if the quality issue is a function of their design, there may be nothing you can do. If the delivery is due to lead time issues you’ll react differently than if it’s due to truck shortages. Etc. Good luck.

AQARA

Involved In Discussions
Thank you all very much for your responses. They have opened my eyes to many aspects that I need to investigate further. I truly appreciate it.

qusys

Thank you all very much for your responses. They have opened my eyes to many aspects that I need to investigate further. I truly appreciate it.
Talk with your customer, the key item of its scorecard ( with related score) will be your KPI as well . Consider also to explore chance to submit customer satisfaction survey to better manage the quality aspect and business ones of your organization. This could help you in continual improvement program for your company.

Top Bottom