Management Review: Separate Procedure or Description in Quality Manual?

How do you address Management Review?

• Quality Manual (only)

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Management Review Procedure

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Both

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I use a simple form (agenda)

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
M

mshell

I am just curious to find out if most people address Management Review in the Quality Manual (only) or if you have a Management Review procedure? Please post to the poll. Also, if anyone would like to share their procedure please do so.

mshell

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I never liked having a MR procedure when I was quality manager. I felt it was a waste of time & effort. I typically recommend using a form. It helps to ensure that all of the required inputs, outputs, and topics are covered. I posted an example of one recently in another thread...

M

mshell

I am leaning in the direction of a form as well. I have referenced Management Review in all of the relevant procedures and the quality manual. I do not want to create a procedure if it can be avoided.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
We have a process map for Business Planning and Management Review included in the QPM accompanied by a couple of paragraphs of text.

M

mshell

howste,

I think that I found the form that you referenced. I have modified it just a bit. Let me know what you all think. Will this satisfy the requuirements for Management Review? :bigwave:

Thanks,

Michelle

Attachments

• QF-50D.doc
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,290
We have a procedure for MR. Of course, there is no requirement for a MR procedure, but for us it makes sense to have one. In fact there is no requirement for a MR meeting per se...

We are required to review the organization's quality management system, at planned intervals.

/Claes

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
mshell said:
I am leaning in the direction of a form as well. I have referenced Management Review in all of the relevant procedures and the quality manual. I do not want to create a procedure if it can be avoided.
Our Management Review Procedure is an organization-wide document. It is NOT a Work Instruction, but a broadly-written document which allows creativity and THOUGHT by managers in setting or modifying timetables for review of different processes throughout the organization. Similarly, it allows some processes to be reviewed by a single manager and others to include several managers and manager levels to deal with processes which may encompass more than one department.

The key ingredient is flexibility to conform to the needs of our organization as they may be perceived at a particular point in time. (For instance, we do not defer a management review on a "hot" item just because it isn't due for review until next quarter. Similarly, we don't drop everything to review a non-critical process just because the Corrective Action Report hits the manager's desk today.) Many items do not require a committee meeting for action to be determined (modify or let stand) and can be reviewed by one person or several by circulating the folder containing information to the appropriate manager(s).

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Michelle, Have you addressed process performance from 5.6.2c? You may have it covered in the objectives, but it's not clear when the form is blank. It could meet the requirements, depending on what information you put into it.

Of course the real test to see if the form works for you is to try it out. If it's easy to use and reminds you to include all of the "right stuff" then it's great. If it's cumbersome and gets in the way, then tweak it some more or work something else out.

M

mshell

You are right, I did overlook process performance. :eek: (thanks) As for the objectives, they are not set at this point so I could not include them. I am still working on getting the quality policy in writing.

Michelle

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
i like to keep the QA manual so generic that it doesn't change much, so i do a procedure (one pager or even a flow chart showing the minimum input, who is responsible for the report/handout for the topic, minimum attendance...and the out put....also use a form for agenda and minutes (same form, and similar to above) mark it up during the meeting and attach it to the reports presented and its done...also keep an action item log for the management team to use at "unplanned meetings" that feeds back.

Top Bottom