Small company where the Quality Manager and HR manager is the same person ?

B

blue moon

Dear friend

if we have small company where the person resposible for the Quality and HR is the same person

is in this case

on documentation we shall make a Quality Manager and HR Manager

or make one position for Quality Manager and he will responsible for the two activites and in the procedure of Quality and Procedure of HR the quality manager will the resposnible

because we have many activites witht the one person in contact

P

Polly Pure Bread

Re: for small company where the Quality manager and Hr manager is the same person ?

i don’t see any problem with that. i suggest you use job title instead of name e.g. if the documentation is HR-related then you can use HR Manager otherwise use Quality Manager

B

blue moon

Re: for small company where the Quality manager and Hr manager is the same person ?

but no position is HR manager

Quality Manger is doing the activities of HR and his position is QUALITY MANAGER

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I think titles matter less than the duties having been coherently laid out and followed up on, by whomever is doing them. That is, the duties are laid out by function (HR, Quality) and not by person.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Quality Manger is doing the activities of HR and his position is QUALITY MANAGER

Think about a play. Various roles can be performed by one actor. ;)
As long as the work gets done effectively.

Stijloor.

B

blue moon

ok so if we have a procedure must distirbute to the Quality Manager and Hr Manager

this person will recived two copies of this document as his two positions

right or wrong ?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

ok so if we have a procedure must distirbute to the Quality Manager and Hr Manager

this person will recived two copies of this document as his two positions

right or wrong ?

That's up to you. One copy would suffice. When you control the documents electronically (computer), this person would have access to the documents that apply to both roles. Keep it simple.

Stijloor.

P

Polly Pure Bread

If so, you can state in your documentation something like “Quality Manager is the same as HR Manager”.

J

JaneB

If so, you can state in your documentation something like “Quality Manager is the same as HR Manager”.

Yes, you can, but you don't need to. This can simply be explained to an auditor, if necessary. Or, if you have the sort of organisation chart that shows the names of the person holding a role (beyond just the title), it'll be clear from that.

I say that because if that changes, you'ld have to go and change any documents that say this. I try to minimise non-value-add work like that.

Reactions: db
T

TamTom

That's up to you. One copy would suffice. When you control the documents electronically (computer), this person would have access to the documents that apply to both roles. Keep it simple.

Stijloor.

Hello,

I agree with Stijloor, but in your distribution list (or whatever you call it), you should still name both roles, the HR and QM, so you make sure that after a personal change and maybe the QM is no longer responsible, a new person responsible for HR still knows which documents are valid for him.

Regards,

TamTom

Top Bottom