Is use of API's Audit Report format for Internal Audit OK or is it an Overkill?

K

kguidry85

I'm working on performing the company's first Internal Audit. We are currently seeking API Q1/ISO TS9001/ISO 9001:2008 Registration. I have obtained a copy of API's Audit Report. Does anyone think it's ok to use API's format or is it a bit overkill for company Internal Audit? This thing is about 30 pages but it would save time of writing a new report from scratch.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Internal Audit Help

I'm working on performing the company's first Internal Audit. We are currently seeking API Q1/ISO TS9001/ISO 9001:2008 Registration. I have obtained a copy of API's Audit Report. Does anyone think it's ok to use API's format or is it a bit overkill for company Internal Audit? This thing is about 30 pages but it would save time of writing a new report from scratch.

Hi,
I am not expert of API Q1 format report. I would like to see an example if possible.
However I think you could use whatever report for auditing your QMS processes according to ISO TS and ISO 9001.
We created our internal format to report internal audit result, building the content using ISO 19001 guidelines related to the content of an audit report.
I mean: scope of the audit, audit, date, finding, non conformity etc. etc..

K

kguidry85

This report contains API's 2 stage process for registration. Initial audit report begins on page 8.

Attachments

• FM-AUDITREPORT 05-05-09_client copy.doc
    570 KB · Views: 544

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
This report contains API's 2 stage process for registration. Initial audit report begins on page 8.

It seems to me that this format could be used at the first time when you perform a sort of gap analysis to initiate the journy towards the certification of API standard/ ISO TS29001.
In a second phase when you implment the internal audit programme, you could use your own report according to the internal audit procedure.
I do not know if the usage of this report format is effective for internal audit. On the other hand, if there is mandatory requirement, than you shall utilize it.

K

kguidry85

I was thinking the same thing as it being geared towards registration only. I've been looking up samples of checklists and reports to get a good idea of what to go after but its hard to find something toward API Q1/TS29001. :(

B

bluepagen

I have been using the audit format from API for the last 6 years. Just recently - December 2011 - got the latest version. I have used it for my company, and two sister companies that are not licensed API facilities. I did not ask the questions that were shaded.

One of the things that ocurred during our 2009 audit was specific product questions.

In addition to the audit agenda, there were specific questions about products within our licenses. We hold three licenses, and if there was a specific product question on a product that we were making, we were asked to show evidence.

In 2009 we made it thru the product questions. In 2011, what ever specification changed, in our case, 16A and 7-1 had been revised since the 2009 audit, we had questions on products within these specifications.

We did take a write up for not including product questions in our audit. I did compile all the product questions from previous audits, and included in the audit agenda an area to select and use from the listing.

Product questions were not in the form available above, and not in the newest one either.
I do feel that if you add product questions, and use the format, then you will be covering the elements that API Q1 requires. API does have what are called supplemental requirements, and these are listed in the audit form. The other pages before the audit are important also. As is the use and application of the monogram, if you hold a license or apply a monogram.

It is already done, read thru, revise areas where it refers to API, if you do not call your findings AAR's, be sure to check and revise where this is within the report.

In my humble opinion, it is a good format to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kguidry85

Thanks bluepagen!
The API auditor had told me I could use it for Internal Auditing, just didn't know if I was making something so simple, so complex. I'll revise and rewrite!

B

bluepagen

As I posted, it has everything you need. WE have 3 lincenses, so I can help you with questions from those, but if you are going to obtain a lincense, dont forget the product questions. Good luck. Let me know if I can help you.

Top Bottom