Looking for stand-alone QMS manual & procedures for ISO 14001 as a guidance document.

J

JoeQNovice

I am hoping to get an example of a 14001 Level I document and supporting Level II procs to look at to help us assemble a stand-alone system. We have ISO 9001 but do not want to integrate the system except, perhaps, to point ot existing procedures that already meet the requirement that we have in place under ISO 9001. Can anyone help?

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Looking for stand-alone QMS manual & procedures for ISO 14001 as a guidance docum

A level1 document? You mean a policy or what? If it's a manual you're looking for there are some here and on the internet free for the download. If you look at 14001, you'll find that documentation requirements are pretty minimum.

14001 doesn't require a manual, just a document stating what the mani elements of the system are, how they are related and linkage to system documentation.

J

JoeQNovice

Re: Looking for stand-alone QMS manual & procedures for ISO 14001 as a guidance docum

Thanks Randy:

I did "google" 14001 Manuals, etc. on the web. I found quite a few that were integrated with 9001 and some that were a collection of Procedures and a Policy Statement. They were both sparse and overly detailed as to how this and that were done. What are the minimum number of Procedures needed to be compliant? I found your chicken-bone thread - I can appreciate it is left up to the organization to decide so much and that you can get away with so little - But I have not seen a Stand-alone "Manual" that was simple and straight-forward.

Joe:cool:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Thanks Randy:

I did "google" 14001 Manuals, etc. on the web. I found quite a few that were integrated with 9001 and some that were a collection of Procedures and a Policy Statement. They were both sparse and overly detailed as to how this and that were done. What are the minimum number of Procedures needed to be compliant? I found your chicken-bone thread - I can appreciate it is left up to the organization to decide so much and that you can get away with so little - But I have not seen a Stand-alone "Manual" that was simple and straight-forward.

Joe:cool:

Hi Joe,

There's a lot of excellent information here at The Cove Forums. Plenty of good information, not available elsewhere. However, this Forum is not a custom shop where you can always get exactly what you need and want. Covers (participants here) are expected to do some adjusting and tweaking to make it work for their organization. Keep searching and you'll find something that comes very close to what you need.

Obviously, we are of course anxiously awaiting your contributions too.

That's what my Fellow Covers are all about...helping others.

Stijloor.

D

DonSayre - 2008

It will be more fun and have far more value if you start from scratch. Draft your preliminary ideas. Sleep on them a few days. Give them one or two quick embellishments and let your preferred peers take a look. Incorporate or address their gut reactions and you're pretty close to having products you personally own and can own up to. (Might take a read of "Inside ISO 14000: The Competitive Advantage of Environmental Management")

Randy

Super Moderator

Here you go...this was contributed by a memeber of the Cove a couple of years ago and I modified it to the 14001:2004 revision. Just take out the 18001 stuff and you'll have a stand alone document.

Just remember, you don't need a manual at all.

Attachments

• Generic 14K - 18K Integrated Manual.doc
    73 KB · Views: 1,344

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hi Randy,
Thank you very much for sharing the 14K-18K Integrated Manual.
Basically, I am in the process of integrating 3 Management System and the one that you shared will be a BIG HELP for me, however, I was wondering how am I going to integrate, ISO/TS16949, in 14K and 18K. Where am I gonna start? Do I need to paraphase the common clause in the standard? Or do it separately? Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance for the usual kind attention you will give this request.
Best regards,
Raffy:cool:

Randy

Super Moderator

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, integration of 3 systems. Take a look at PAS 99 to help you out.

PAS 99 "Specification of common management system requirements as a framework for integration"

J

JoeQNovice

Thanks Randy - I will delve into the Manual. I also appreciate all the help from other Forum contributors regarding this issue. Will keep all posted on progress.

Joe:D

Top Bottom