Quality Objectives - Examples and Measurement of status/achievement of

E

eric abbott

Does anyone have a mechanism/system etc for the measurement of status/achievment of published quality objectives??

Regards
Eric

J

Jim Biz

What we use here are 4 major objective catagories - tracked on a per quarter basis.

% of on time deliveries
% of internal scrap/nonconformances
% of suplier deliveries
Customer complaints comparison present year to past year figures.

The "chosen objectives" vary from company to company (financial $ figures can be used as well) but the percentages are what we use to "set a goal level" track & report achievements.

Would be interested in hearing which "objectives" you have published?

Regards
Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Biz (edited 22 January 2001).]

D

Doug Stimson

We use a matrix approach that describes the activity, measurement, goal, function responsible, and frequency of review. Matrix also includes action taken when performance falls below goal.

G

Greg Mack

Hi Eric,

I don't know if this will help or not but I believe that Objectives should fall into the "SMART" category.

That is Specific, Measureable, Accountable, Realistic and Time.

If your objectives are structured in this way then it is easy to compare actual data to the stated objectives. At least that is what I find.

I also liked Doug's Matrix approach.

J

JSGesmundo

Re: Quality Objectives - Examples and Measurement of status/achievment of

We use a matrix approach that describes the activity, measurement, goal, function responsible, and frequency of review. Matrix also includes action taken when performance falls below goal.

How do I use the matrix approach?

Can you give me an example?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

skela

I'm also interested in matrix mentioned by Doug. May be someone has idea how it works?

S

skela

Thank you, Samsung. I'm now working for first time with very specific lab trying to obtain ISO 17025 accreditation and establishing proper quality objectives which will meet standard requirements and will be useful for lab is really important.
Hopefully I'll be able find some examples which will give me good ideas.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Does anyone have a mechanism/system etc for the measurement of status/achievment of published quality objectives??

Regards
Eric

This really must begin with whatever objectives your management establishes for your company. These objectives should be selected with consideration of the needs of your customers, and the stateemnts made in your quality policy. From these, then you determine what specifics should be defined and measured.

Top Bottom