CRE (Certified Reliability Engineer) Exam 03/02/2013

C

Cognizant

I have taken simulated CRE exams and I m getting anywhere from 60-70%. I m struggling managing the time as well. I have studied CRE primer indiana council, certified reliability engineer by Donald Benbow & Hugh Broome. its very hard to remember everything. i also went through 1000 CRE QUESTIONS bank CD. Please advise on the last minute tips to improve my score and ultimately pass the exam.

Thanks
Cog

Last edited by a moderator:

mdurivage

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: CRE EXAM 03/02/13

The Quality Council of Indiana binder is a must. I would copy the index and have it ready. It is much faster than flipping back and forth. Time is the enemy on this test.

I also highly recommend the two books by Robert Dovich. They are short and two the point. The table of contents quickly lead you to the correct formulas. The books are pretty inexpensive (arounf $20 each from Amazon)

Make sure you can work your calculator. I use a TI 30 XA very simple and has all of the functions needed for the exam.

This is my strategy on test taking. Reads each question and answer the ones that you know without using a book or calculator. Make sure you mark the ones you think you may know for the second round. Do not get hung up and burn alot of time on one question. save it to the end. Third round you guess - no penalty for a wrong answer.

Good Luck.

C

Cognizant

Thanks for your advice.

I found two books by Robert Dovich on Amazon. Are these the right books ?

1. Reliability statistics for $34.99 (taking 4-14 days to ship)
2. Quality Engineer Statistics $ 22.57 (can be shipped in a day)

Do you still think I have time to get these books and review them ?

Last edited by a moderator:

mdurivage

Quite Involved in Discussions

Amazon has the Quality Engineering Statistics for $10.80 used which is a little cheaper. Yes if get them expidited you should have time to review them.

Mark

C

Cognizant

Thanks Mark for suggesting the cheaper price. I just placed the order.

M

Murphys Law

Cog - good luck. I work in this area and everytime I open reference books, I find my mind wandering.

The real life situations are interesting but the theory of it all, is dull.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
My response may be late. I see good responses from other regular contributors.
When I did CRE, I used QCI Primer and Dodson Nolan Reliability Engineering handbook only. I already finished 5 certifications prior to CRE. So I had some advantage with BOK overlap.

Have you considered ASQ CRE handbook?
CRE is a tough exam. Weeks before your exam, simulated exam score of 80% + is better.
Regards,
Govind.

Top Bottom