ASTM B221 Standard - Material that complies to ASTM B221, 7075-T6

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi all
Hope someone could help me on this.
My customer is requesting for a part to be manufactured by using material that complies to ASTM B221, 7075-T6.
When i refer to ASTM B221, the standard does not specify anything on requirement of hardness.
However, my material supplier keep asking about the hardness required.
Is the hardness requirement specify anywhere in the ASTM standard? Could anyone tell me where to find the hardness standard for this material? If ASTM standard do not specify hardness requirement, can i tell my supplier it is up to them but just make sure tensile, yield and elongation and other requirements specified in ASTM B221 is fulfilled?
Thanks

jerry_Malaysia

Thanks Sharney

But i have looked into ASTM B918-01, Standard Practice for Heat Treatment of Wrought Aluminum Alloys
The only thing mentioned about hardness is "The plan should also incorporate surveying the uniformity of product conductivity or hardness to determine the uniformity of the quench, or both. Areas having substantially higher conductivity or lower hardness than other areas of similar thickness in the lot shall be investigated to ensure that the requirements of the material specification are met."

jerry_Malaysia

Thanks Sharney

But i have looked into ASTM B918-01, Standard Practice for Heat Treatment of Wrought Aluminum Alloys
The only thing mentioned about hardness is "The plan should also incorporate surveying the uniformity of product conductivity or hardness to determine the uniformity of the quench, or both. Areas having substantially higher conductivity or lower hardness than other areas of similar thickness in the lot shall be investigated to ensure that the requirements of the material specification are met."

Hi Everybody
Can Someone please help me on this?
Thanks

Top Bottom