Welding Inspection Work Instruction

R

RLight

Hello All,
A fun one came up in my lab today. They are asking that I put together a welding inspection work instruction for the First Article Testing and Production Testing. I just need something to get me off the ground on this.

Thanks,
Ryan

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Here are my manufacturing procedures for spotwelding and mig welding. You may want to review the web site for AWS (American Welding Society) and RSWA (Resistance Spot Welding Association).

Attachments

• MP00-10 spotweld.doc
    35 KB · Views: 505
  • MP00-12 welding.doc
    34 KB · Views: 725

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
In addition to Carolx's documents, I recommend having a Level III inspector.....

Hershal

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Ack, being an ex-NDT inspector, my mind races with all sorts of questions, like:

1. What are the prints' requirements of the weldments?

2. If no blueprint standards exist, What are the end uses of the weldments?

3. To what extent are your inspectors currently qualified?

4. Is this document meant to bring consistency to the operation, or to assist the inspector in identifying or clarifying discontinutities and defects, the difference between them and what to do in response?

Without this information I can't begin to guess what would be best to advise. I can say that as a Level II inspector I was empowered with a work instruction that included small drawings of acceptance parameters, such as with acceptable/nonacceptable weld form, undercut, etc. I can't share that document because it was made by the Navy, but I can vouch it was much more effective than a text-only version would be.

S

shubhrangshub

MIG welding quality issues

hi all,

I am facing a lot of spatter and distortion problems in the components i MIG weld. I use CO2 gas and not argon. Can someone help please.request you to please send mail the ID given below

Regards
SB
shubhrangshub at gmail dot com

Last edited by a moderator:

mwccwi

Martin MC Weldtech AWS CWI/CWE, ACCP LVL II VT DT
Re: MIG welding quality issues

Google ED Graig lots of books and info -vidios - training I hears hes a good place to start

Anerol C

Hi Carol X,

I need to develop some procedures for our welding process,
Could you share your 1st piece inspection welding & process inspection? And give me some ideas about what kind of check list do I need to implement to control the process?
Thank you:thanx:
Anerol C

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi Carol X,

Could you share your 1st piece inspection welding & process inspection? And give me some ideas about what kind of check list do I need to implement to control the process?
Anerol C

Hello Anerol,

See this post: https://elsmar.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=210576&postcount=3

In addition:

Stijloor

Last edited:

CarolX

Hi Carol X,

Anerol C

I do not have any checklist, but these are my first piece approval procedures.

Hope this helps a bit.

And as I noted earlier
You may want to review the web site for AWS (American Welding Society) and RSWA (Resistance Spot Welding Association).

They have a wealth of information.

Attachments

• QP00-09 1st pc spotwelding.doc
    31 KB · Views: 291
  • QP00-12 1st pc welding .doc
    32 KB · Views: 355
Top Bottom