Improvement ideas

mubwandaz

Registered
It's a whole range of issues from operators not following process, poor paint finish poor packaging ,not gagging out inspection i.e leak test then product fails leak test at customers,operators not understanding key characters. I think some of it is poor converting customers requirements from upstairs team to give the guys on shop floor easier to work with information .Would an Fmea not help capture some of these.I don't have experience with make to print .To be fair,some of the tolerances they ask for are machine tols, yet we are fabricators but that's not the only issue

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
It's a whole range of issues from operators not following process, poor paint finish poor packaging ,not gagging out inspection i.e leak test then product fails leak test at customers,operators not understanding key characters. I think some of it is poor converting customers requirements from upstairs team to give the guys on shop floor easier to work with information .Would an Fmea not help capture some of these.I don't have experience with make to print .To be fair,some of the tolerances they ask for are machine tols, yet we are fabricators but that's not the only issue
A FMEA may help with your paint line. But it’s just a tool with a scary name your people might be concerned about. At a minimum you can identify the defects, their likely causes, and solutions.

As for converting customer requirements to workable plans, you should probably review your current process and try to standardize it. Maybe a checklist would be helpful.

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
I recommend a team feasability study. It will get the departments to decide whether you should make the parts or not. Search for the template in the "Attachment List" tab at the top of the page.

mubwandaz

Registered
I recommend a team feasability study. It will get the departments to decide whether you should make the parts or not. Search for the template in the "Attachment List" tab at the top of the page.
I will have a look,thank you. But issue is decisions are made with no team involved.

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
First off what sort of paint issues. Thickness, peeling, orange peel finish (texture) and are these issue around welds where you also have issues. We find that there can be a connection between the two especially during pre treatment of parts due to seepage from poor welds or tubes without suffcient drains.

Top Bottom