Developing a new Plating Vendor - What software to track certifications

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
We are developing a new plater (new business) and as we want to help him do it right, I am looking for advice on what software to use to track certifications. He is starting out small so price will be an issue. I was thinking just Microsoft Access as a data base would be best and once the data is entered, a form can be printed that will show the printed certification with all the correct information.

If anyone has any other advice (example, quick-book if that can do this type of work as this can also create job numbers).

Thanks

Note, at this time, this is planned to be a commercial plater, not nadcap (for now).

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Why software? Why not develop a form that is filled out for every job and kept as records in a file drawer? Keep it simple.

Later these records can be scanned and stored digitally.

Later the forms can be filled out electronically and saved.

Quite sure this plater has NO money to pay for software.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Why software? Why not develop a form that is filled out for every job and kept as records in a file drawer? Keep it simple.

Later these records can be scanned and stored digitally.

I am going to give the plater options, if he has the money for the software, then I want to be able to recommend what software to use. If he does not have the money, then I already have the recommendation for the file cabinet setup.

I am trying to offer options.

Top Bottom