Need help in defining a World Class Certified Workcentre

S

SKYPEE

I work for Off Road Constriction Equipment Manufacturer. My background is Mechanical Design and I am working with Manufacture engineers and we are working closely. In my team we were asked to find out - What is a World Class "Certified" Workcentre in assembly line consist of?

Thanks in advance.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
I work for Off Road Constriction Equipment Manufacturer. My background is Mechanical Design and I am working with Manufacture engineers and we are working closely. In my team we were asked to find out - What is a World Class "Certified" Workcentre in assembly line consist of?

Thanks in advance.

I have changed the title of the thread to better define your question.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome to The Cove! :bigwave:

I am confused.

You say you are working with manufacturing engineers in a company that does road construction, and you want to find out what a "certified world class" assembly line workcenter would look like (how it would be defined).

What does your workcenter assemble?

Do you assemble it while doing road construction at the road worksite, or does the assembly occur in a building and get shipped to site?

What standard would you be interested in certifying to?

Do you do work for military, nuclear, aerospace or other customers with specific requirements?

The iconic World Class system would have to be Toyota, and to my knowledge this company has never certified to any ISO standard. Here is a thread discussing the subject: Toyota & ISO 9001 - Toyota Production System (TPS)

S

SKYPEE

We do fabrication and assembly in house. The purpose is to standardize each work centre and to have some kind of check list to verify every W/C is "certified"... example by displaying Assembly aids for every workcentre.

Top Bottom