ISO 9001 Certification - Registration Body Recommendations

M

Memo

Hi,

Our company is currently ISO9002 Certified by
BVQI. We are looking for other options for the re-certification. I appreciate comments on a few other firms like Loyds, BSI, etc..

Thanks.

Memo
Laredo, TX

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
My experience has been with SRI and DNV Certifications (currrent). I would recommend either, but suggest you review registrars by classification in whatever your companies expertise is.

Eileen

M

Memo

Hi,

Hi, Thanks for writing back

Our company provides warehousing, import and export services, for some of our customers we are their distribution center. We also provide US and Mexican customs broker services.

BVQI has provide a good service, but I think that some of the auditors need more experience in our field or maybe is time to improve our Quality System with a different point of view.

Is it recommended to change the certification body?

F

Fire Girl

Memo

My registrar is SGS. They rock! They are great people to deal with. I think they are an international firm. Anyway- it gives you another choice.

Good luck!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Registrars have 'presonalities'. Some are stricter than others, to put it bluntly. For example, UL has always been very strict.

-> I think that some of the auditors need more experience in
-> our field or maybe is time to improve our Quality System
-> with a different point of view.

Specifically what is happening? Without specifics it's hard to judge 'whether it is you or them'.

A

Aaron Lupo

Originally posted by Marc Smith

Registrars have 'presonalities'. Some are stricter than others, to put it bluntly. For example, UL has always been very strict.

UL is very strict???? I have heard a lot of things about UL but that is one thing I have never heard is that they are strict.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I haven't dealt with UL in some years now, but a few years back they could be very strict in their interpretations. I'm not specifically saying that's a 'bad' thing, I guess. They simply, at that time, had tough auditors whose interpretations I often disagreed with as too strict.

Now days ISO isn't such a big deal as it was 10 years ago. Interpretation issues were much more significant and were much more common than today.

I am NOT recommending against UL. Just stating my experience.

On the other hand, registrars are popping up everywhere. It's only US$20K to become one. Considering travel and such, I look for local registrars. Normally they're a bit more expensive on the auditor hours but with no travel expenses are cheaper.

As I tell my clients, I will give them several 'recommendations' but they should do the interviewing and make the decision.

Two spreadsheets for registrar comparison are in the ISO Implementation Guide Files package and the Cove Premium Access files area. If I'm not mistaken, the spreadsheets are also in the 'Cove Members' area as well. I think they're also in the Free files directory as pdf files.

A

Aaron Lupo

The only thing I have heard about UL is you can hand them a check and they will hand you a Certificate. That is what I have heard/seen. JMHO

Top Bottom