Recertification of service company due to company relocation but with production premises

Blaz123

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

I have question related to re-certification acc. to 9001.

The service company (without production) is currently certified according to ISO 9001. The company is moving to new premises in the next few weeks, where they will also have production area and already some machines, but the production process itself will not be properly defined yet (despite the fact that they will already carried out some smaller production).
At the beginning of next year, they have an audit (which will be re-certification due to the move). The current scope of the company is 'Sale of plastic injection tools' (as mentioned, without actual production, i.e. resale). In this case, is the company still audited as a service company?

Many thanks for support.

Randy

Super Moderator
Nope, not even, if you're going to include the new stuff in the mix. It'll be an extension to scope and probably take the form of a Stage 2 in duration and audit scope itself.

Big Jim

Admin
Yes, expansion of scope is probably what is needed, but you really should be discussing this with your certification body so they can fully understand what you want to do.

Blaz123

Involved In Discussions
Just to be sure, that my question is clear.

Since the company has an audit in January until then, due to the short period of time (the move will be carried out in mid-December), they will not yet have a properly defined production process, the production process will not yet have an owner, KPIs and goals for the production process will not yet be determined,... .. I conclude from this that only the currently established processes are audited and the production process is not included in the scope of the company, which means that the product production itself is not included in the certification?

Randy

Super Moderator

Since the company has an audit in January until then, due to the short period of time (the move will be carried out in mid-December), they will not yet have a properly defined production process, the production process will not yet have an owner, KPIs and goals for the production process will not yet be determined,... .. I conclude from this that only the currently established processes are audited and the production process is not included in the scope of the company, which means that the product production itself is not included in the certification?
If stated clearly, the production areas can be excluded from the scope of the audit and absolutely excluded from the scope on the certificate.............At the most a comment in the report about the activities taking place and possible change in upcoming audits. .... Just as if they don't exist.

Quality-Nation

On Holiday

Even if you were producing products, unless you have asked for those products to be included in the scope of your certification - and even IF your QMS covered those products - the CB auditor MUST stick to the scope of the contracted certification service. It doesn’t matter what the CB auditor thinks.

Top Bottom