Ideas for Quality Week

N

nomansalim

Hi all ,

I am working as a process quality engineer and I have witnessed that there is not awareness and eager need about quality in the company.

I was wondering that if i can do a quality week which will make sure that people understand that why quality is important. I was thinking of doing some tool box talks...
Can anyone of you suggest some ideas please ?

Last edited by a moderator:

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Refresh your SPC training. Who knows what notions have become urban legends on the shop floor since the last training. Spend some quality time with the charts and make sure they make sense. Show them if they are not filling them out completely, and how that affects analysis of the data.

harry

For effectiveness, try to get support from top management.

Scroll down the page to the 'similar discussions' box for a view of some previous discussions and also to gain further ideas.

T

tsmith7858

Examples of poor quality but make it a fun thing. Either have pictures or actual product and see if people can identify what is wrong. Give prizes out to people that get it right.

I also agree with Harry, no point in doing it if you lack management support. :frust:

qusys

It could be profittable to show indices to monitor core processes if they are ok or not and show corrective actions to address them.
besides, some lesson learn of G8D where organization has learnt from their mistakes or how the contribution of the workers' suggestion can affect quality , day by day, and increase motivation and so...

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi all ,

I am working as a process quality engineer and I have witnessed that there is not awareness and eager need about quality in the company.

I was wondering that if i can do a quality week which will make sure that people understand that why quality is important. I was thinking of doing some tool box talks...
Can anyone of you suggest some ideas please ?

The problem with the idea of a "quality week," imo, is that it leaves 51 that aren't quality weeks. This is not to say that training isn't a good thing, but in most cases like this where people aren't aware of the need for quality, there's been a failure of leadership that "exhortations," as Deming put it, aren't going to help.

M

mzeeshanz

The problem with the idea of a "quality week," imo, is that it leaves 51 that aren't quality weeks. This is not to say that training isn't a good thing, but in most cases like this where people aren't aware of the need for quality, there's been a failure of leadership that "exhortations," as Deming put it, aren't going to help.

In a culture where there is no "eager need about quality", there is a high probability that, as jim says, other 51 weeks would be NO-Quality Weeks.

In agreement with the suggestions of other members your first priority, IMO, should be to focus on quality-data analysis and reporting in a simple understandable way. Tell your top management, HODs, executives and workers that what are the quality issues to be focused and how much cost they are utilizing. Next, give them examples how to overcome them. There are many simple methods to involve them in improvement works like 5S activities, creative suggestion system and quality circles.

Evaluation of:
A) the implementataion of awareness and training programs
B) the effectiveness of the awareness and training programs

are the most important aspects you must not ignore while designing such programs.

Good performers should be rewarded and ignorant ones should be punished.

Regards:
Zeeshan

M

mzeeshanz

Shouldn't "punished" read "trained"? Or can you please clarify your statement?

Dear Panchobook,

Yes, you are right. I should explained it there. Actually I was talking about the regular and habitual ignorant personnel. Of course the first time ignorance should not be punished.

BTW, thank you for correction.

Top Bottom