Error in Minitab (no statistics can be calculated with these data)

F

felfel

I HAD USED SIX SIGMA AND PROCESS REPORT TO GENERATE MY RESULT BUT

WHY IS THAT AN ERROR THAT SHOWS THIS:

*error no statistics can be calculated with these data - some subgroups have one or fewer non-missing observations.

WHY CANT MINITAB CALCULATE.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Error in minitab

Welcome to the Cove.

Why not attach your data here for others to study and analyse (please remove confidential info like company name). Your one sentence description is just too brief for any conclusions to be drawn.

F

felfel

the first pic showed what i need and had done.
the sec pic showed there is error.

Attachments

• Error in Minitab (no statistics can be calculated with these data)
    Picture2 (2).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Error in Minitab (no statistics can be calculated with these data)
    Picture6.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 224

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
This appears to be a Minitab add-in developed by Six Sigma Academy. I am a Minitab user, but am not familiar with it. Hopefully someone that is familiar with this add-in can assist.

Do you have a maintenance agreement with Minitab? If you do, you should be able to contact them for assistance on this issue.

F

felfel

i do not have, i think is problem with the subgroup size. is it that subgroup size must be more than one? why must it be one?

A

Allattar

I would have to dig around to see if I can find my module again.

However, what have you entered as the subgroup size? You may get errors with this function if you have got subgroups with 1 or no values, or alternatively if you had say, 100 rows of data, entering the subgroup size as 100 could give problems as well.

The problem is likely to be in calculating ranges for the subgroups, you can't find a range from one value.

I reinstalled a while back and forgot to reinstall that module as I never used it.
What was it in particular you where after from the module?

Oh and as far as I am aware Minitab does not have maintenance agreements. If you are using a current version of the software, or if your company has a yearly paid licence then your entitled to support free. :)

So as long as your using Release 15 they should be able to help, and not anything too old like release 13. Although the symbol at the top of the screenshot does suggest its release 14, you could try asking nicely for help from techsupport.

reynald

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi,
Well this is just a guess because i also have not seen that add-in before.
Maybe the menu "Process Report" is attempting to do an analysis that includes process capability. That process capability part command must be assuming equal samples of "debrief" for every group of "FE". When it sees that the samples are unequal for each sub-group, it returned zero.

By the way what are you trying to accomplish with your data? Maybe we can help with out relying on the add-in?

regards,
Reynald

A

Allattar

Well reinstalled the module.

The process report will work if your subgroup size is varying.

However, the process report cannot work if your subgroup size is 1 (or missing for a group) and anything more than one.

Lets say you have 5 results in each subgroup, except for one group where you only have one result. The process report will not work.

If you had all subgroups with 5 results, except one subgroup had 2 results, the process report will still work.

I think the problem you are seeing is in how you have defined your subgroups in this data.

I am assuming you are using the column FE to identify subgroup. What is FE?
Why does FE do go

The process report sees a change of value in the subgroup column as identifying a new subgroup. Becuase the data is assumed to be time ordered a result like the above would see.

84702499 Group1
84702499 Group1
84702499 Group1
84718616 Group2
84702499 Group3

At this point you are mixing individual data and grouped data. Causing the error you are seeing.

A simple fix to make the process report work would be to set the subgroup size as 1 for the report. This makes the report work, but doesn't explain what your subgroups are or the meaning of the FE column.

I think we need to know this information before we can decide if a subgroup size of 1 is valid or not.

Actually a description of FE and Debrief would be useful to see how your using the data.

B

btdown

Where can i find the module, and what is the latest version?
thanks,
BT

Top Bottom