How to Implement ISO 9001 - Construction Industry - Completed examples

K

kokonut

Hello Good-day fellow intelligent people.

I am curious to learn on "how to implement ISO 9001:2008" for my Construction Building Company, I'm unsure how to go on about it I've read the ISO over a few times. I am more of a visual person in understanding. I'm wondering if there is any Books or Samples on the net or if anyone is aware of ? I just would like to see how its implement it in a organization so I can have an idea on how to write my OWN.

What I'm basically after is either an example on how to write one up, a complete example of one, or even a template ? I know there a templates you can buy online and are pricey I prefer to make my own which will be more suitable for me. Any examples of an ISO 19001 will be a bonus.

Thanks in Advance !

Regards Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Hello Good-day fellow intelligent people.

I am curious to learn on "how to implement ISO 19001:2008" for my Construction Building Company,.......................

Welcome to the Cove.

I presume you are referring to ISO 9001: 2008. ISO 9001: 2008 is a Quality Management System. To implement the system, you need a Quality Manual, the necessary procedures, work instructions and a Quality plan.

For a start, you document and identify all your current processes. Compare it with the requirements of the standard to identify deficiencies or 'gap' and then work from there.

K

kokonut

Thank you, for your support much appreciated !! Yes you are right 9001.

qusys

Thank you, for your support much appreciated !! Yes you are right 9001.

ISO9001 certification is independent from your business.
Anyway, the first step to proceed is asking why you would like to be certified.
First of all is "Top management sponsorship and commitment"! Without it, you will go nowhere!!!:bigwave:

J

Jerome05

Basically to implement ISO 9001:2008, there are few requirements, which have to be produced. It requires documented statements of a quality policy and quality objectives, quality manual and records required by international standard, etc. These are the major requirements, which I know.

M

mwchai

ISO9001 certification is independent from your business.
Anyway, the first step to proceed is asking why you would like to be certified.
First of all is "Top management sponsorship and commitment"! Without it, you will go nowhere!!!:bigwave:
I'm working as Quality Manager in manufacturing industries, before joining Property Development and Project Management Company in Interior Fit-Out works. I still don't quite understand as to why Construction Quality Plan still needed, despite the fact that it increases paper work and no-added value. Quality Manual and Construction Quality Plan is quite similar.
Besides construction quality plan, the clerk-of-work also requested Method Statement & Inspection Test Plan. Can imagine the amount of documentation for construction related industry.
Anyway thank you for the resources shared in this forum.
Kind regards,
MW chai

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'm working as Quality Manager in manufacturing industries, before joining Property Development and Project Management Company in Interior Fit-Out works. I still don't quite understand as to why Construction Quality Plan still needed, despite the fact that it increases paper work and no-added value. Quality Manual and Construction Quality Plan is quite similar.
Besides construction quality plan, the clerk-of-work also requested Method Statement & Inspection Test Plan. Can imagine the amount of documentation for construction related industry.
Anyway thank you for the resources shared in this forum.
Kind regards,
MW chai

Welcome to the Cove MWchai :bigwave:

One of the things I discovered about the construction industry is that almost nothing stays the same for long and things change from site to site. Because of this, it can be quite difficult to encapsulate the QMS in a 'static' system in the way that may be possible in a manufacturing environment. Hence the reason why you often get asked for a construction quality plan specific to the job each time.

Add to this the fact that someone has probably written into your client's quality system the fact that they should ask for the plan and therefore if they don't get one it causes an N/C for them!

You could try to talk to them about it but I doubt it will have much impact on the situation.

harry

.................I still don't quite understand as to why Construction Quality Plan still needed, despite the fact that it increases paper work and no-added value. Quality Manual and Construction Quality Plan is quite similar.
Besides construction quality plan, the clerk-of-work also requested Method Statement & Inspection Test Plan. Can imagine the amount of documentation for construction related industry. ......................

These documents are a practice in international bidding/tendering/proposal. Since these big boys were the pioneers who implemented ISO 9001, others just copy what they do without second thoughts. You can reference the relevant documents such as contract documents and drawings (for information) without having to copy them again in your quality plan.

Interior work is slightly different. There are usually no detail specifications from Architects or owners (pertaining to quality/finishes) for you and therefore you have to propose your own. Doesn't it give you an added advantage of not having to comply to somebody's probably not practical requirements? :lol: :lol:

The format is up to you. Doesn't need to follow the traditional verbiage (as if the thicker the better). A practical format I like is found in our 'post attachments list' - ITP_Form_Concrib_Segmental_Retaining_Cribwall(inspection & test plan).pdf

With regards to method statement, they are important. The owners and their consulting team would like to ensure that you carry out works using sound and safe methods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom