Seeking example quality audit report / format

W

waseem

Hello all,

I am a freelance inspector. I need to audit a footwear manufacturer which is NOT ISO9001-2000 certified. What I wish to ensure that they have proper office. persons and system at import & export deptt. I also need to check that they have proper manufacturing system and +tively a quality control at various steps of production and final quality control.

I am looking for a report which covers all of the above points in detail.

I will appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

regards
Waseem

D

dokes

For whom are you doing the audit and what are their requirements to which you should be auditing?

W

waseem

dokes said:
For whom are you doing the audit and what are their requirements to which you should be auditing?

Its a buyer from Europe who is having correspondence problems and quality issues with the factory. His is never updated intime and his order specifications are never followed.
The buyer now need to ensure that factory has a proper system in office and in production before giving any further orders.

He wishes to check that factory has efficient :

Import department
Export department
Planning department
Production department
Managers at all levels
Production system
Quality control system

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MLaPointe

In my experience, most audit reports contain the same information, regardless of the quality standard used. Here's the headings from the Audit Reports for the company I work for:
================
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1.0 INTRODUCTION
There are three parts to the introduction:
1. bases for the audit
2. audit’s objective
3. audit scope
The idea is to give a sense of why the audit was done, what it is the audit wanted to achieve and how much effort and time was put into it.

2.0 OVERALL ASSESSMENT
The overall assessment should provide a balanced, factual summary. It should describe where performance was found to meet, exceed or fall short of requirements and give the reader a clear understanding of the current state of the area audited.

3.0 NON-COMPLIANCES
3.1 Non-compliance No. 1
Title should be clear, describe the non-compliance as a stand alone statement. Non-compliances must be linked to a non compliance with a requirement. Non-compliances should also be ranked in terms of most consequential first. There should be a detailed discussion of each adverse condition.
3.2 Non-compliance No. 2
3.3 Non-compliance No. 3 etc.

4.0 OPPORTUNITIES FOR IMPROVEMENT (OPTIONAL)
4.1 Opportunity for Improvement No. 1
The opportunities for improvement are suggestions to the auditees for improving their business processes. These are based on the audit team's experience of how other groups have addressed similar business requirements and processes.
4.2 Opportunity for Improvement No. 2 etc.

5.0 REFERENCE STANDARDS AND DOCUMENTATION
List the documents used in planning and and conducting the audit.

APPENDIX A: MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SCORING
My company prepares a table scoring against their internal QA program for the entire business. For your audit, this is where you could compare audit results in import/export/planning/production etc. I find this section is better than the text in section 2 and 3 for illustrating that problems are either localized or rampant.

APPENDIX B: AUDIT TEAM, BRIEFINGS AND MEETINGS
A record of meetings held, people contacted etc.
======================
As other people have said, you need to know what you're auditing "against", otherwise the auditee may disagree with your findings. Sounds like the requirements are found in the purchase orders and specifications. In which case, there are probably few requirements for management or planning to be performed a specific way.

Randy

Super Moderator
Try this, it's guidance on what should be in an ISO based audit report. The report tells nothing more than what was expected and what occurred.

The audit report should provide a complete, accurate, concise and clear record of the audit, and should include or refer to the following:
a) the audit objectives;
b) the audit scope, particularly identification of the organizational and functional units or processes audited and
the time period covered;
c) identification of the audit client;
d) identification of audit team leader and members;
e) the dates and places where the on-site audit activities were conducted;
f) the audit criteria;
g) the audit findings;
h) the audit conclusions.
The audit report may also include or refer to the following, as appropriate:
i) the audit plan;
j) a list of auditee representatives;
k) a summary of the audit process, including the uncertainty and/or any obstacles encountered that could
decrease the reliability of the audit conclusions;
l) confirmation that the audit objectives have been accomplished within the audit scope in accordance with the
audit plan;
m) any areas not covered, although within the audit scope;
n) any unresolved diverging opinions between the audit team and the auditee;
o) recommendations for improvement, if specified in the audit objectives;
p) agreed follow-up action plans, if any;
q) a statement of the confidential nature of the contents;
r) the distribution list for the audit report.

Top Bottom