Lean Training Class Exercise - Working with a local college on training materials

R

Rob Nix

I am working with a local college on training materials for lean manufacturing (specifically, for companies that produce low volume "one off" type products, like tool & die, and machinery and equipment).

What we need is a good class room exercise to illustrate how to create a value stream, identify (and categorize) the waste, and make the flow efficient. It could be a "safe" exercise, i.e. easy to relate to and outside the business, but anything will do.

If you have any, please let me know. Don't be shy. Thanks. :thanx:

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Rob,
When I went through the Lean training 2 years back, I was trained using a set similar to a (Patented) Lego Set. I dont remember the consultant,simulation tool name.I just did a google search for you with key words and got the following interesting one.
https://www.metisdesign.com/game_example.htm
You may want to enquire further to see if this meets your intent.
Regards,
Govind.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Rob Nix said:
I am working with a local college on training materials for lean manufacturing (specifically, for companies that produce low volume "one off" type products, like tool & die, and machinery and equipment).

What we need is a good class room exercise to illustrate how to create a value stream, identify (and categorize) the waste, and make the flow efficient. It could be a "safe" exercise, i.e. easy to relate to and outside the business, but anything will do.

If you have any, please let me know. Don't be shy. Thanks. :thanx:
May I suggest you consider joining Advanced Manufacturing Interest Group of ASQ (AMIG) https://listserv.asq.org/mailman/listinfo/amig (Free to ASQ members) where you will have an opportunity to pose your query to a more concentrated group interested in "lean"? There will be a bunch of them at the AQC in Toronto - perhaps you could hook up since you indicated you were going to attend.

I belong to this group, but by no means do I consider myself as expert in this field as some of the others I know who are also members.

Top Bottom