ISO Team Organizational chart & functions for a small company

Q

QAMTY

Hi, everybody

Does anybody have organization charts regarding
for an ISO team in a small company (100 employees)

Also documents where are defined the duties of every member
the responsibilities, the functions.

-ISO Coordinator?
Doing what..

-ISO Users (engineers, developing ´Procedures and wi´s)
Doing what...

- Management representative
(one under the top management)
and doing what.

- External Consultant
Doing what

Etc..

I appreciate as always all the suggestions and
advices replied from users.

Thanks

P

Polly Pure Bread

Re: ISO Team Organizational chart & functions

President/Quality Council Chairman
The President ensures that operational plans conform to the mission, strategic goals and policies. Makes needed resources available to carry out goals and chairs the conduct of management reviews. He also demonstrates visible commitment and consistent adherence to the quality policy and provides a succession plan for the company’s management. He ensures that all products and services provided are of highest quality standard and efficiency through effective product planning and implementation. He ensures proper selection of suppliers and provision of technical, operational, and managerial expertise. He leads the team in continuously developing new products and constantly reviews systems and procedures for product improvements. Approves all quality related policies. Presides over the management review of the Quality Management System.
Quality Management Representative
The Quality Management Representative is responsible for ensuring that the processes needed for the Quality Management System are established, implemented, maintained and improved. She is also responsible for reporting on the performance of quality system, including the need for improvement of the QMS and the implementation of corrective actions to the management team. Participates in the management review of the Quality Management System. Acts as liaison with certifying body on matters relating to the Quality Management System and ensures promotion of customer requirement throughout the organization.

Deputy QMR

Supports the QMR in the effective implementation of Quality Management System.

Quality Council Members

Provides the overall direction, full commitment and support in ensuring that the organization has an effective Quality System with ISO 9001: 2008 Standards as its foundation. Ensures that the Quality Policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the organization. Conducts regular review of the Quality System according to the ISO 9001: 2008 Standards and ensure effectiveness and suitability.

Internal Quality Audit (IQA) Team

The IQA Team conducts internal quality audits of the organization to determine effectiveness of the implemented quality system. They assess the quality system compliance to the requirements of the ISO 9001: 2008 Standards and reports the results of the Internal Quality Audits to the Management Committee. Ensures that results of audits, corrective and preventive actions and follow-up actions are documented and maintained. Monitors the implementation of corrective and preventive actions for non-conformances.
Document Controller
The DC is the overall in-charge in management of quality documents. Keeps track and records of all revisions/modifications of controlled documents and maintains one copy of obsolete documents. Updates the Masterlist of Controlled Document as needed and externally registers generated documents that are used as references.

Records Custodian

Oversee implementation of the Records Management in their respective departments. Ensure the proper labeling of files following retention periods, proper labeling of filing equipment, and segregation of active from inactive files and disposal of obsolete records in the department. Coordinate closely with the staff in all matters concerning Records Management.

Overall Quality Workplace Coordinator

The Overall Quality Workplace Coordinator ensures consistent overall implementation of the Quality Workplace program using 5-S and regularly monitors and assesses the effectiveness of the program. Oversees the setting and presentation of standards to the management committee. Conducts briefing and training regarding Quality Workplace to concerned personnel as needed. Coordinates closely with Department Heads on all matter concerning the Quality Workplace program.

Quality Workplace Coordinators

Quality workplace assists the Overall Workplace Coordinator in ensuring the consistent implementation of the Quality Workplace program and assesses the effectiveness of the program.
Quality Audit Manager
The responsibility of Quality Audit Manager is to verify compliance of all quality activities and related results with the established procedures through regular audit. Responsible in accomplishing audit reports used as measurement of Quality Management System performance and participates in the management review of the Quality Management System.
Auditors
The Auditor is responsible for monitoring compliance to product and service standards that are being implemented at the different functional units. He/She is also tasked in accomplishing reports pertaining to the audit.

S

SpongeMouse

for external consultant,

seeing that the progress of the documentation are on target vs planned, and complying with the standard requirements.

they are the ones guiding the team for the ISO (usually on the phase of implementation)

:notme:

J

JaneB

Does anybody have organization charts regarding
for an ISO team in a small company (100 employees)

Huh? I'm confused by your question, and not sure of your meaning. What do you mean by 'ISO team'?

Are you referring to the project team charged with gaining certification to an ISO Standard? Or are you perhaps using 'ISO' to mean something like 'quality management'? If the latter, bad idea.

My suggestion: leave aside the 'ISO' term and focus on what you need in your company.

Q

QAMTY

JaneB

I´m referring to the group involved in getting an ISO certification
I forgot to mention also that my company develops Engineering projects

Spongemouse and Dqapprentice

thanks for your response.

Q

QAMTY

Dqapprentice.

Thanks for your information.
All this positions, IMHO It seems is suitable for a big company

In small companies how all this functions can be fullfiled by only having two or three
persons and how are called such positions?

Maybe others in the forum have had cases like this.

Thanks

N

NWrubberQA

QAMTY,

Wow, that's a lot of titles! For a small company, I'm not sure that it's all really necessary. You can have a Quality Manager or Quality Engineer lead that project. They may select a multi-functional project team to get full buy-in and complete the project. My advice, keep it as simple as possible. All too often I've seen companies end up with an over-kill system that they don't even have the resources to maintain. Hope that make sense!?

J

JaneB

I´m referring to the group involved in getting an ISO certification

OK... but I agree with others - that's a heck of a lot of roles & titles and responsibilities... Unless you are a very, very large company (which I presume you aren't) for example, at least one of the responses looks like complete overkill.

I'd aim to keep it very much simpler. And I wouldn't ask others to provide you with an org chart... unless they are exactly the same as your company & what you do, such things are far more likely to confuse rather than help.

I'd look at the current one you have (you do have one I hope?), and see who is responsible for what in that. Because you get to make up the rules and the roles - you (the org) get to decide who does what & who's accountable for what. And stop thinking 'it's all 100% different when we Talk ISO' - it isn't. You already have a quality management system - otherwise you wouldn't be still in business!!! OK, it's not yet up to 9001 Standard - but you are, I imagine, already doing a lot of stuff required.

Bottom line, you're giving almost zero info at all, which makes trying to help difficult if not impossible. And guessing isn't a particularly productive activity, in my opinion. What's your real issue here? What is it that you're actually trying to find answers to?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SpongeMouse

the peeps are correct.

establish first the org chart

second, just have a process map overview of all the major dept functions (purch, acct, hr, prod, whse, deliv, devpt, sales, etc)

third, make those process above more detailed (including some of the links to other dept/sections etc.

tip: what we did while process mapping way back then, we include those dept w/c have usual "conflicts" (like prodn & sales). we encourage them to help each other. in that way, both understand what are the details of what they do. the so called "conflics" lessens. hitting 2 birds in one stone hehehehe;):agree1:

:notme:

Top Bottom