Evidence of ISO Training for all Employees

J

josephs6801

Our Auditor wants evidence of ISO training for all employees. There was software utilized that is now obsolete. Anyone have any ideas or software suggestions to share?

J

josephs6801

Re: ISO Training for all employees \ evidence

Thank you. I'm trying to get Senior Management on board with this. Prior to my existance here this audior had them doing all sorts of crazy things.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Our Auditor wants evidence of ISO training for all employees. There was software utilized that is now obsolete. Anyone have any ideas or software suggestions to share?
All your employees may be benefited if you give them a good exposure and awareness about the process and interactions that you have mapped in your QMS. This will make them aware of how a good work by each will help the other process and speed up the company work. This will make them aware about why they do what they do and they can relate it to the business end. You may also show it to your auditor, calling it ISO training.
Do not do what auditor wants. Instead see what the auditor intended to see.
..... Agree with AndyN

P

pearson114

As pointed out above 'ISO Training for all employees' is not a requirement.

All employees, however, should be aware of the quality policy and where/how to access procedures relevant to their work. Again, there's no requirement for the training of this - just that employees are aware.

J

josephs6801

We have orientation and I have designed a log for all who attend to initial after my introduction to ISO and how it is navigated at our work place.

AndyN

Moved On
Training is a conclusion from determining that someone isn't yet competent. It usually addresses skills. So, to have "ISO training", you'd have determine that ISO was a competency your people needed and, having discovered that they aren't yet competent, what training was needed.

So, two things occur to me - one is that you should fire your auditor (doesn't understand the sequence of events) and, two, that you don't have a process owner for this, as they should know the sequence and how your own QMS process works (ISO requirement 6.2.2). They should have been able to push back on the stupid auditor! Same for anything else the auditor has invoked "because they could"...

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

I would like to understand better this issue.
Are you saying that your employees followed ISO training and are aware about ISO 9001 matters for what pertaining your job but you were not able to show record for that training given that your ISO software is obsolete and did not preserve past data?

If so, the issue is very different, because it deals with records of awareness, competence and training clause of ISO 9001.
Pls, give us more details and which evidences collected the auditor to raise the non conformity, including its statement.:bigwave:

M

mguilbert

Here is what we do for the Quality Policy and structure of ISO at our company. We have a couple of slideds in our annual training that state both the QP and our QMS Structure. The annual training that we give contains ISO, Safety, REDACTED harrasment, employee responsiblities, and other Federally and State mandatory annual training.

As other have stated ISO training is not a requirement.

Top Bottom