The Onion on Why the Unemployment Rate is High

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Sadly, the reason satire works so well as a humor device is that the basic premise of a satirical piece is based on something the intended audience can accept as a true (OR REASONABLY TRUE) fact. From there a satirist riffs on flights of fancy and hyperbole. Mark my words - this piece from The Onion may soon be making the rounds in our emails as "important news" from gullible acquaintances who forward all internet hoaxes and spoofs - my brother-in-law, for a prime example.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Jim, thanks for the Onion. Always a good way to lighten up the day.:D

One of my favorite Onion of all times:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/beaver-overthinking-dam,1942/

Longtime friend and fellow Beaver Lodge No. 913 brother Tim McManus, who is nearing completion of his own dam, took a more pragmatic approach to construction. "Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry," he said.
Messner has already overthought and razed two dams this season alone. He dismissed the proportions of the first as "aesthetically dysfunctional," and the second was built out of cottonwood, which he called "a mistake." But, according to Messner, the latter experience got him thinking about different woods in ways he had never considered.
:lmao::lmao:

Top Bottom