Distribution List of Documents

Ettore

Quite Involved in Discussions
From many years ago (more than 20 year), we have a system for document control for record old lists of distributions.

Ours actually procedure don’t give prescriptions about that and Iso 9001 too.
Ours "thirth part" auditors never have asked to see old lists of distribution.

In the actual situation the system adds a new record for every records of distributions list.
So that if the lists of distribution is composed of ten records the system add again ten record recording again all the contents of the old distributions list changing only the revision, and the date of distributions.

But, if nobody never asked to see at whom were assigned old editions of documents, for what scope we have to take in memory the old distibutions list?

So that I’m thinking to change the system from “add record” to “edit record" just changing to index of review, and distributions date in the old record of distributions list

What do you suggests ?
Your system for documents control is built for record old lists of distributions.?

:bigwave:

K

Ka Pilo

Re: distibutions list of documents

What do you mean by "edit record"?

If you edit the record you cannot identify the old one and won’t enable traceability. And by the way, you can only edit documents, not records.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ettore

What do you mean by "edit record"?
..... won’t enable traceability.

I mean "The traceability of old revisions of list of distributions is necessary?" (For what concern the traceability of the document I forget the say that i have another master list for records of all revision of a document, I was referring just to the master list of list of distribution)

Attachments

• PRO 4.2.doc
    54 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:

Ettore

I'm sorry i meant recordset like more than one record or better "Table" where was recorded more than one record

:(

Attachments

• Relation betwen recordset.bmp
    603.9 KB · Views: 284
B

Bogie

I have never kept records of old distribution lists, just the current list. Doesn't really matter where/who used to have a copy - just where/who currently has a copy, so that the document can be recalled in the case of obsoletion or revision.

Ettore

I have never kept records of old distribution lists, just the current list. Doesn't really matter where/who used to have a copy - just where/who currently has a copy, so that the document can be recalled in the case of obsoletion or revision.

:applause:

for yours clear answer

N

Natalie Moodley

I have been tasked with a project. To control every manual document on our plant. I was told that the first step would be to draft a document distribution list. I am new to QMS. Can anyone help me with a Doc distribution list template? Please.

M

michaelrm

Screen dump - from our system showing distribution list-
may give you an idea may not, for information only

Attachments

• Distribution List of Documents
    doclist.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 274

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

I mean "The traceability of old revisions of list of distributions is necessary?" (For what concern the traceability of the document I forget the say that i have another master list for records of all revision of a document, I was referring just to the master list of list of distribution)

Ettore,
I think that to have a list of the previous approvers is not an ISO 9001 requirement, unless you have stated this in your own document control procedure or other quality document of your QMS.
However, I would suggest to have record history of approvals and notification with an electronic system to manage document control change. In this case the issue of mantaining the history could be embedded in the system.
I do not know what tools you use to do so, but most tools helps this process to do so.:bigwave:

N

Natalie Moodley

:) Thanks, The company I work for is still on a manual system, literally the most intricate utililsed are excel spreadsheets.
the electronic system which your company utilizes looks awesome.

I figured so far that on my spreadsheet I'd have :
-Area (where the document is manually situated)
-Department ( which deprtment owns the document)
-Document number
-Document name
-Date of issue
-name of the person who requested the document

Is this adequate for a simple register?

thanks
:)

Top Bottom