The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > National and International Business Standards and Requirements > Customer and Company Specific Requirements
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
chrysler, customer specific requirements (csr), daimlerchrysler, general motors (gm), iso 14001 - environmental management systems, ford motor company

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2000, 09:04 AM
BWoods
Unregistered Guest

Yin Yang DaimlerChrysler Requires ISO-14001

Today I received a letter from the VP of Supplier Quality at DC, dated 10/5/00.

This letter states that effective January 1, 2003, "DaimlerChrysler will require its suppliers to be third party registered to an environmental management system based on ISO-14001."

Sponsored Links
Old 30th October 2000, 07:59 PM
michael busha
Unregistered Guest

Me too! Got the letter on Saturday. They gave us until the end of 2002.

Michael
Sponsored Links

Old 4th January 2001, 12:59 AM
Involved - Posts

Registration Date: Jan 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 1
Karma Power: 63
Cheryl has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Thumbs up

I have a letter from DaimlerChrysler dated Oct. 5/00 it reads:

Effective January 1, 2003, DaimlerChrysler will require its suppliers to be third party registered to an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
Old 4th June 2001, 04:26 PM

Registration Date: Sep 1999

Thanks Given to Others: 1
Karma Power: 0
Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.
Registration Requirement

I have heard that the Big 3 have or will sometime in the future require registration to the requirements of ISO-14000.
Does anyone have info on this. I haven't seen anything in writing.
The standard presently allows " a self-determination and self-declaration of conformance with the internationaal standard".
Old 4th June 2001, 09:11 PM

Registration Date: Jun 1999

Thanks Given to Others: 48
Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,657 Posts
Karma Power: 925
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to Randy
GM is apparently buying off on self declaration. The others (Ford, Chrysler) want 3rd party registration. Old news. Check their web sites or look in the archives here.
Old 26th September 2001, 05:16 PM
Kenen
Unregistered Guest

Question Big three requirements for ISO 14001

Hi everyone good day to ya'll. I have two questions to ask.

1. My company is ISO 14001 certified in addition to QS 9000. We are a Tier one supplier to the big three and then some. My question is: Is there a memo, document or anything from the big three (3) that states registration / certification to ISO 14001 is a must. I looked up the AIAG site but found nothing. Is there a web site I can go to?? Reaon for this question is the higher ups (it's always them) want to scrap the program.

2. Can I get samples of good flowcharts to guide me in establishing PPAP requirements. One from a Supplier's point of view and one from a customer's point of view. Naturally I do not have a budget nor have I had any training except I have read the PPAP manual.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th September 2001, 06:21 PM

Registration Date: Jun 1999

Thanks Given to Others: 48
Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,657 Posts
Karma Power: 925
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to Randy
If you're a Tier 1 supplier to the Big 3 you ought to already have all the documentation you need. This issue was addressed by the back in '99 when they told all their Tier 1's to do this. There is a pretty good trail of the discussions we had here in the Forum archives I think. Just search back to 1999 and follow what we said then.

I can tell you this though. If your top guys want to quit 14K to save money or make it easy tell them to forget getting money from those other guys. Ford has stated in no uncertain terms. No 14K-No moola. The others are about the same. Oh yeah to varying degrees so are the Japanese, Koreans, Germans and most of the rest of the civilized industrial world of automakers. Either get in the boat or learn to tread water. There are probably other companies waiting in the wings to fill your spot.

What never ceases to amaze me is how when people get to the TOP they automatically become smarter or sharper businessmen through osmosis, or the water, or through the crak they share in the boys room.

Tell them peeing and moaning about 14K with the Big 3 is a dead horse that doesn't need to be beaten anymore.

JMMHO
Old 2nd October 2001, 04:27 PM
Where's the shall?

Registration Date: Jul 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 432
Karma Power: 321
db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Money Big three requirements for ISO 14001

Here is what we are telling folks about the Big Three Requirements:

Ford
•At least one manufacturing site from each production and non-production supplier must be third-party registered by December 31, 2001, and all manufacturing sites shipping products by July 1, 2003
General Motors
•All suppliers must implement an EMS by December 31, 2002 that is third-party certified or self-certified through a written declaration by a responsible executive. Third- party confirmation is strongly preferred.
DaimlerChrysler
•All suppliers must be third-party registered to an EMS based on ISO 14001 by January 1, 2003. The requirements of the EMS do not need to be established independently of the Quality Management System.

Hope it helps. Also, we have used ISO 14K to "find" real dollars in customer operations! In many cases, it more than paid for the effort.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > National and International Business Standards and Requirements > Customer and Company Specific Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?