Do Ford, GMC, and/or Daimler have ISO/TS 16949 certification?

R

ralphsulser

My previous experience in visiting auotmotive assembly plants for Ford, GM, Chrysler was that all quality systems stopped inside their doors. Only the suppliers got beat up for infractions to their quality systems requirements.
That has been a few years ago, maybe it has improved by now :rolleyes:

E

engjane

ralphsulser said:
My previous experience in visiting auotmotive assembly plants for Ford, GM, Chrysler was that all quality systems stopped inside their doors. Only the suppliers got beat up for infractions to their quality systems requirements.
That has been a few years ago, maybe it has improved by now :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - we're all talking in the fairy tale world here! :lol:

One interesting point would be how OE assembly plants answer 7.4.3 - Does the organization establish and implement the inspection or other activities necessary for ensuring that purchased product meets specified purchase requirements?
As we all know, they only find bad product when it stops the line!

C

CBJ Hockey Fan

:whip:
This is how it was explained to me. The "Big Three" follows the "Golden Rule". Which is: He who has the Gold, makes the Rules. In other words. The rules don't apply to them since they have the gold.

A

AllanJ

CBJ Hockey Fan said:
:whip:
This is how it was explained to me. The "Big Three" follows the "Golden Rule". Which is: He who has the Gold, makes the Rules. In other words. The rules don't apply to them since they have the gold.

Yes, except for one important detail, it is the end buyer at the dealer's lot who has the real gold. Dwindling market share reflects that.

G

GoKats78

But if I want any of their gold I ahve to play by their rules. The general public has the real gold but doesn't really know how to aplly the "Golden Rule"

C

CBJ Hockey Fan

The general public is still willing to pay much more for an automobile than they would have to if the "Big Three" actually lived by their own rules.

For example. Automotive suppliers are told to follow the AIAG PFMEA manual, which states the you need a design FMEA to be able to create an accurate Process FMEA. Yet when you ask for a Design FMEA you usually hear the statement: "Good Luck, it ain't going to happen, proceed without one."

Just like some of us have heard from our parents:"Do as I say, not as I do."

S

Sean Kelley

What about imposing price reductions on suppliers. When was the last time you saw the price of automobiles go down? It is rare.

S

SilverHawk

Ford Certified to ISO/TS 16949

Overheard that Ford Malaysia has been certified to ISO/TS 16949:2002!

R

Rea

In IATF Guidance to ISO/TS 16949:2002 section 1.2 Application

Quote " 2) vechicle assembly organisations are limited to thoses exclusions defined by the IATF, in the Rules......."

Top Bottom