3rd Party Audit Finding Not Clear - 4.1 Outsourced Processes

Big Jim

Admin
5.4 was cited for only having a scrap metric being tracked for the last year.

5.4 seems like an awkward place to choose to cite this issue. 5.4 requires measurable objectives. 5.4 does not require metrics. Depending on information not fully present here, it may have been better to have selected 8.2.3 concerning monitoring and measuring processes or perhaps 8.4 concerning analysis of data where is specifies four topics for which there must be data determined, gathered, and analyzed. 8.4 b specifically requires analysis of data for product quality. Do you have metrics for the other three topics? Customer Satisfaction? Process Performance (often measured overall as On-Time-Delivery), and Suppliers?

A

azsportsfan

That makes better since than how the auditor described it. I was looking at this area thinking to myself that he has to be describing the interactions of the processes...

A

azsportsfan

I'm guessing that the auditor was not show the boiler plated purchase requirements. Perhaps he did not look past the purchase orders (if so shame on him).

I'm beginning to think the biggest mistake on this audit was not making sure you had sufficiently knowledgeable guides.
Yes, I would have to agree!! :eek:

A

azsportsfan

Back in post #5, I asked if this was a Stage 1... Jim brings up some good points, however, shouldn't this have been resolved at the stage 1 (if this audit isn't it)?:confused:
This was a transition audit to C.

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello,

The way to address this is to list all the outsourced processes-e.g R&D, Maintenance, Calibration, Transportation, raw materials, etc and correspondingly list how they are controlled, and refer to another clause 7.4.1 of the manual.

In section 8 there is also a clause about monitoring performance of outsourced supplier. One metric could be their thesponse to Supplier Corrective Actions. Hope this helps.

Big Jim

Admin
Hello,

The way to address this is to list all the outsourced processes-e.g R&D, Maintenance, Calibration, Transportation, raw materials, etc and correspondingly list how they are controlled, and refer to another clause 7.4.1 of the manual.

In section 8 there is also a clause about monitoring performance of outsourced supplier. One metric could be their response to Supplier Corrective Actions. Hope this helps.

Where is that clause in section 8?

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Also cited Risk ManagementThere is no evidence of risk management for suppliers as required by 7.4.1f

Please can someone tell me where can I find the clause 7.4.1f in the TS16949 standard? Thank you.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Also cited Risk ManagementThere is no evidence of risk management for suppliers as required by 7.4.1f

Please can someone tell me where can I find the clause 7.4.1f in the TS16949 standard? Thank you.
This thread is about AS9100, not TS 16949.

Top Bottom