Are Unethical Registrars a Small Minority of the Registration Community?

• Yes, Unethical CBs are a small minority

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No, unethical CBs are the majority

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource
The perception from a lot of my clients who are Bombardier suppliers is that there is something fishy about this situation.

Why would a company as respected as Bombardier align itself with one registrar and provide them with their full supplier list and mandate them to contact each supplier and report on their AS9100 status?

Most of my clients have been registered with Intertek and are happy with the services.

Others do not want to get involved with Intertek since they have this special relationship with Bombardier.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
The perception from a lot of my clients who are Bombardier suppliers is that there is something fishy about this situation.

Why would a company as respected as Bombardier align itself with one registrar and provide them with their full supplier list and mandate them to contact each supplier and report on their AS9100 status?

Most of my clients have been registered with Intertek and are happy with the services.

Others do not want to get involved with Intertek since they have this special relationship with Bombardier.

Can't say for certain, but maybe they were looking for continuity in approach and interpretation? Intertek generally has a good reputation as far as I know, so I would not jump to conclusions.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
That practice could be changed overnight.
How? I would love to hear your suggestion. Actually many people would. I am all ears...

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
How? I would love to hear your suggestion. Actually many people would. I am all ears...

I am puzzled by your question..., but Randy asked it too.

I will repeat the paragraph that seemed to concern you:

...why should the accreditation bodies allow an accredited CB to issue an unaccredited cert. At the very minimum, the unaccredited cert should be CLEARLY marked as such. It should not require an advanced ISO degree to recognize the difference. That practice could be changed overnight.

The accreditation bodies set the rules under which an accredited CB may operate. If ABs determine that unaccredited certs are causing confusion in the industry, they could change the rules immediately.

Heck, they practically mandate what color shirt I have to wear in audits, and what kind of pencil I must use. They dictate every aspect of the content of these certs. Surely, if they wanted to, they could stipulate a CB must use a more clear identifyer when issuing a non-accredited cert. A CB must adhere to their rules as a condition of being an accredited CB.

Certs which are not clearly distinguished as unaccredited by the rank and file customers using them, become disingeniuos in practice. I am surprised they have not taken action against this practice already.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I am puzzled by your question..., but Randy asked it too.

I will repeat the paragraph that seemed to concern you:

...why should the accreditation bodies allow an accredited CB to issue an unaccredited cert. At the very minimum, the unaccredited cert should be CLEARLY marked as such. It should not require an advanced ISO degree to recognize the difference. That practice could be changed overnight.

The accreditation bodies set the rules under which an accredited CB may operate. If ABs determine that unaccredited certs are causing confusion in the industry, they could change the rules immediately.

Heck, they practically mandate what color shirt I have to wear in audits, and what kind of pencil I must use. They dictate every aspect of the content of these certs. Surely, if they wanted to, they could stipulate a CB must use a more clear identifyer when issuing a non-accredited cert. A CB must adhere to their rules as a condition of being an accredited CB.

Certs which are not clearly distinguished as unaccredited by the rank and file customers using them, become disingeniuos in practice. I am surprised they have not taken action against this practice already.
All the expectation built-up and deflated.....Mr. Jiling, the Accreditation Bodies have a tough time making accredited registrars toe the line within the accreditation scheme. To believe that they could mandate what the CBs would be able to do, outside of the accreditation rules is not realistic, IMO. Furthermore, while I wholeheartedly agree that the practice of issuing non-accredited certificates by accredited registrars registrars is a shameful conduct and object of this thread Accredited registrars issuing non accredited certificates that I started, I believe that the practice is limited to one of the "big dogs".
Still, pseudo-accredited CBs and unaccredited CBs seem to be on the rise, and there is NOTHING that the ABs can do about them.

G

gereard_kgb

Having followed the list I was wondering what are those unethical registrars?
How about notified bodies?

It's important to know which to choose.
Could anyone share their experiance?

G.

:thanks:

P

potdar

A small twist to the discussion so far. Most of the CBs also double as third party inspection agencies.

Just compare the standards they follow while certifying a QMS (no liability) against those while certifying a product - here they have a liability clause or heavy goodwill at stake.

While discussing this poll, I just wonder if there would ever be a poll about unethical third party inspection agencies. Possibly not. Why so if the players are same?

D

darkgelap

Small minority yes, but these small minority will caused a major negative impact of the industry...

In malaysia, The C.B that has been causing a lot of headache to other C.B and consultants were EQA , but now EQA has since been kick off from the market but some of these dirty player has managed to open a new c.b called AFAQ, and they are "giving away" ISO/TS 16949:2002 CERTIFICATES AS WELL. What scares me as a consultant is that most of the clients that used AFAQ knows that they wont be certified by other C.B. and chooses AFAQ and has mindset that other C.B are just looking to give them trouble.

AFAQ international should really come down to malaysia and check on their branch working ethic, and sales method. They promised every potential clients that they will be certified no matter what and bad mouthing others. c.b.

Top Bottom