ASME NQA-1-1994 Standards - Struggling with the supplement references

M

MaryLou

Hello,
Is anyone familiar with the NQA-1 standards. I am struggling with the supplement references. They reference in the subpart 2.7 (ASME NQA-1-1994Edition) verification and validation is equivalent to Supplement 3S-1 para. 4 of part I (this is just one of the examples). One would think it would be quite easy to depict the supplement but it is not. Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thank you,

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: ASME NQA-1-1994 Standards

OK, I am not the expert that you were hoping to find...I do hope that someone like that exists here, cuz I've looked for assistance in the past.

I am looking at my copy of the 2008 edition, I don't have the 94 edition, and I don't see "Supplements", I do however have Nonmandatory Appendices. Are they the same?

M

MaryLou

Hi,
Unfortunately I do not believe they are. The nonmandatory guidance is utilized in conjuction with the particular requirements and not as a supplement that I can tell. This area is designated as an appendix.
:thanks:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource

Sorry, then, I wish I could help you out, I have no supplements with the 2008 version. I am looking forward to learning more. I do hope that you will continue to educate us as you learn more about the NQA-1 requirements:bigwave:

T

tenaciusgordon

Hello,

Looking for information of the supplements of the ASME NQA and I have found this post.

I am looking at the supplements in my copy of the ASME NQA-1:2000 edition and haven't fonund the supplements.

I think the supplements are not the same of the Non-mandatory Appendix, but are these supplements included in the rest of the document?

Best regards,

N

Norm Moreau

There are no more Supplements. In the 1997 edition they were included in what is now referred to as Parts I, II, and III. Most of them were placed in the NMA of Part III, so they are not mandatory.

M

MaryLou

Thanks for your replies. Just curious is anyone aware of any type of certification for software that is not embedded in the nuclear environment by an accreditation body other than ISO? My understanding is that there is no NQA-1 certification but there is a dedication for a commercial grade item. Any thoughts or comments?

T

tenaciusgordon

Hello,

Have you heard about NIAC?

You can pass a specific audit for a Nuclear company belonging to this association and this audit will be valid for any other Nuclear company to become a commercial grade item

Best regards

M

MaryLou

Hello,
The NIAC does not seem to be a certification or registration agency. It reads like a group with a membership. They audit you and state you are compliant with all the NRC standards utilizing the NUPIC checklist. We are a software company that supplies software to some nuclear customers (non dedicated commercial grade items) for analysis and not safety. So some of these requlations do not apply to us. We are not a nuclear facility nor do we post directly to the NRC but facilitate our customers by providing them with information needed. Customers have audited us as a supplier using the NUPIC checklist but only in the applicable sections. So it is a bit tricky. I was curious if anyone knew of an actual agency like ISO that does provide certifications both domestic and international.

Thank you,

Top Bottom