ASQ CSSBB - Certified Six Sigma Black Belt

Q

QE

Dear Covers,

Can anyone help me to understand how much closely the QCI CD questions are relevant for the exam ?

Should I expect somewhat similiar questions on the real exam ?

Please advise !

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Dear Covers,

Can anyone help me to understand how much closely the QCI CD questions are relevant for the exam ?

Please advise !

I'm sure many people will respond to your query here in the Cove.You might also benefit from reading through various threads in the ASQ Forum Certification Discussion moderated by one of our Elsmar Cove moderators (Govindarajan Ramu)

It may interest you to know one of the executives from QCI is an active participant in both ASQ's Forums and the Elsmar Cove.

One of the things you should be doing, regardless of the sample questions available from both QCI and ASQ (interactive sample exam) plus (paper-and-pencil sample exam (PDF, 349 KB) to see the actual test format, including instructions and test questions from past exams) is to check with members of your local ASQ Section for their views of the value of QCI test preparation materials.

FWIW:
Both of my own ASQ Sections use the QCI materials in the Certification study groups they sponsor throughout the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: QE
S

Scott Thor

Dear Covers,

Please advise !

I took and passed the exam two years ago and used the QCI CD and didn't think it was anything like the exam.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
The questions in the Sample exams (See Sticky thread) are from past exams. This is the closest representative example you can find. From my experience QCI exam questions are bit harder than actual exam questions. Also I usually disagree with approx 15% QCI CD questions and answer keys. Actual exam questions are less likely to be ambiguous. They go through multiple peer reviews before appearing in the exam.
QCI CD Exam questions are good for practicing simulation exams and identifying strong and weak areas.
Regards,
Govind.

E

equesnel

I would make sure not to rely on the fact that it is an open book test, study - study - study!! Waited until the last week to really buckle down and study :nope: - don't do it.

I ran out of time before answering all the questions and found myself scrambling at the end of the test. Praise God I passed though!!

Make sure if you get bogged down on any questions that you do not spend too much time thinking about them, answer the ones that you know right away first and go back. I know this is something you have probably heard a thousand times before, but it is especially important on a test like this. It is very easy to let minutes go by trying to answer one question and miss several no brainers.

Just my two cents - good luck on the test!!!

Eric Quesnel
Quality Control Manager
ASQ-CMQOE, CSSBB

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good responses and advice so far. :agree:

The QCI exam disk is no replacement for book study. As book recommendations go, out of all the types I've tried I can say I prefer to invest in study materials that I could actually use in the work after certifying.

The exam disk, however is excellent for preparing to take an exam. The questions are of the type you can generally expect to see, and in the BOK subject areas. You can practice looking up the question in your materials and selecting an answer, pacing yourself appropriately to complete the exam in the alloted time. Since open book test taking under time constraints is generally a skill and not a talent, this kind of practice can be a big help.

Let me add that it's my view that starting with the disk early is not a bad thing. I find I learn more when I am looking up something specific, than if I am reading one of these tomes in study mode. This could partly be due to a mental sorting for a type of information - glossing over the filler that every book has - or it could be I am just paying closer attention to the reading. Whatever it is, I am convinced of the technique's value enough to share it.

I hope this helps!

M

mohdaspar

Hello Everyone,

Could someone advise whether I can take the following book to CSSBB exam for reference?

Benbow, Donald W., and T.M. Kubiak, The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook, Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2005.

Thanks ahead of time!

Best regards,
Aspar

E

equesnel

You can take the reference book into the exam: Benbow, Donald W., and T.M. Kubiak, The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook, Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2005.

As it is an open book test as I remember it.

I would recommend the QCI Primer on CSSBB, Quality Toolbox, and The Quality Improvement Glossary. These helped me on the exam as well.

Good question.

Eric

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Hello Everyone,

Could someone advise whether I can take the following book to CSSBB exam for reference?

Benbow, Donald W., and T.M. Kubiak, The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook, Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2005.

Thanks ahead of time!

Best regards,
Aspar

You can take the reference book into the exam: Benbow, Donald W., and T.M. Kubiak, The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook, Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2005.

As it is an open book test as I remember it.

I would recommend the QCI Primer on CSSBB, Quality Toolbox, and The Quality Improvement Glossary. These helped me on the exam as well.

Good question.

Eric
It is an open book test. However, it should be noted there are some items it is NOT admissible to bring into the test (certain calculators, for example.)

The final authority on this is ALWAYS ASQ, which has a page of FAQ at
https://asq.org/certification/faq/index.html
and can be contacted here:
Contact ASQ

Send an E-mail to Customer Care
To help us serve you more quickly, please include your member number in the subject field of your e-mail message. A Customer Care Representative will respond within one business day. Send your message to [email protected].
Chat with a Customer Care Representative

ASQ CSSBB - Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Live chat by Boldchat

Customer Care Representatives are available online Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central.
Speak to a Customer Care Representative
Customer Care Representatives are available during the following hours:

Monday-Friday:
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central
North America: 800-248-1946 (United States and Canada only)
Mexico:
001-800-514-1564
All other locations:
+1-414-272-8575
Fax:
414-272-1734
Contact us Through the Postal Service
American Society for Quality
P.O. Box 3005
Milwaukee, WI 53201-3005
or
600 North Plankinton Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
USA

E

equesnel

Thanks - Wes for the additional comments! This is good advice for the test to make sure none of ASQ's rule are violated.

Top Bottom