Auditor Certification Requirements for Registrars - Perry Johnson de Mexico

R

rrramirez

MARC;

:bonk: What happens when a registrar, like PJR of Mexico, based on Monterrey and Mexico City (with its headquarters in Southfield, Michigan) are operating registrations in QMS, EMS and ISO/TS 16949 with auditors not certificated by IRCA or other accreditation body?
I was working with PJR of Mexico until July 28th in Mexico and the Lead Auditor who managed the registration team where i was the 2nd auditor were not IRCA registered.

Thanks for your response. :bonk:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
For ISO standards certified auditors aren't required. Each registrar determines their specific requirement(s) for auditors. TS 16949 is a different story.

What was the standard being audited where "...the Lead Auditor who managed the registration team where i was the 2nd auditor were not IRCA registered..."?

R

rrramirez

Perry Johnson Registrars

ISO 14001:199; my roll was a 2nd auditor or audit team auditor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Marc said:
For ISO standards certified auditors aren't required. Each registrar determines their specific requirement(s) for auditors. TS 16949 is a different story.

What was the standard being audited where "...the Lead Auditor who managed the registration team where i was the 2nd auditor were not IRCA registered..."?
Right on, Marc. Outside of some Sector Specific Schemes, such as TS 16949, AS9100, TL-9000, etc., registrars, when "complying with ISO 19011, are free to determine their competency requirements for the auditors representing them. And, as some of us know, auditor competence and caliber vary tremendously. Sometimes I wonder if some registrars requirements to consider someone qualified as an auditor is to have a pulse.... Auditor Certification Requirements for Registrars - Perry Johnson de Mexico

Top Bottom