Available 17025 - Laboratory Consultants

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If you are a consultant in 17025 and laboratories and/or calibration and would like to advertise your availability, please use this thread to post anything you would like to promote your services. I suggest a link to a web site and/or a brief profile - some basic information.

My basic expectation if you do this is that you be a regular, active participant in the forum and that you are helping others here. I will delete any one-shot Nellies who come, post their advertisement and are not active in helping others.

NOTE: Your post count must exceed 150 posts to post in this thread.

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
This is not an advertisement, nor a statement of intent... But it is a question that comes to mind.

In the back of my mind, I'v considered going into some level of calibration consulting. I'm what you might call a "Jack of All Trades, Ace of None." My background is basically:

-PMEL School
-10 Years in USN
-25+ Total Years in Calibration including:
-About 5 of those years in Metrology and Quality Engineering
-Started two labs
-Worked in third party consulting on-site calibrations as supervisor for 3 years
-Worked for multiple "brand name" Fortune 100 companies either running labs, as lead tech and as engineer
-3 years manufacturing engineering
-MIL-STD Soldering/ESD Instructor
-Thorough tech writing (policies & procedures) background
-ISO9000 Lead Auditor Course (1 week)
-About 5 years MIL-STD-45662 and ANSI/NCSL Z540 Auditing Experience (as peripheral duty in lab)

Problem is, although in terms of credit hours and many Navy tech schools, I have the equivalent of 6 years of technical schools, I don't have a set of certifications.

Question is, if I were to consider wanting to do consulting work somehow in calibration with my background (some time down the road), what level of consulting could I legitimately do? And what further certifications should I consider getting to make myself marketable in that capacity?

I've considered general calibration consulting (technical, procedure writing, and setting up lab environments). But I don't believe I quite have the set of background to market as something such as an ISO17025 consultant.

How wide open is that field? And what further background should someone look at to that end?

Any inputs from the experts appreciated. For any who know and/or work with me, this is not a disguised job hunt. I'm considering this a little further down the road.

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Although i´m focused on medical devices at the moment, in my previous life i worked in an accredited test house for years. I´m still offering training and consulting in ISO 17025.

More info on the services page of my website: https://sqrconsulting.com/services

Top Bottom