CMQ/OE Certification

Kevin Walters AEA

Starting to get Involved
Does anyone in this group hold the ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) certification? If so, have you found it to be useful and or in demand?

Thanks,

Kevin

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I have held it for several years. I can't say for sure how useful the certificate is - frankly I think it was the CSSBB that got me into my present position. I have found that the study I did so as to pass the exam was what was valuable.

lorenzo.vero

Registered
I am studying now for the CMQ/OE exam, and I am actually looking for a study group/partner to join my effort. Anyone?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I am studying now for the CMQ/OE exam, and I am actually looking for a study group/partner to join my effort. Anyone?
I was not able to use this approach, maybe it would work for you but I suggest you invest in a bank of test questions. I found the ASQ versions were superior to those from QCI and found I retained information much better when looking up answers to questions than if I just read the books.

As for reference books, many are used to write the exam questions but I only brought three into the examination. Many years ago I was on the editing team for three Certified Quality Inspector exams, and found (whether they meant it that way or not, I do not know) the ASQ Handbook for that subject was the best source: it most accurately matched the largest number of questions as opposed to other sources.

I hope this helps.

Disclaimer: I am an ASQ member.

Top Bottom