Cost and timeline to implement a QMS?

Gialandon

Registered
Hi All,

A very subjective question I know!

I work for a medical device product with about 150 staff globally. I'm hoping there are some people with an experience of implementing e-QMS systems whose brain I can pick:
1. What "good" systems did you come across and what did you select?
2. How long did it take to configure, implement and train staff?
3. What budget did you initially set and what did it actually cost?

Thanks.

Randy

Super Moderator
There is no realistic way to answer, it takes what it takes, 1 week to 1 year, $1 to $1000000. Every organization is different, all people and tasks are different and all products are different.

Set your own parameters.

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
@Randy is right ... well, except maybe for the $1 part. :)

One thing, though, don't expect an eQMS to be a silver bullet. You really need to understand the processes required by standards / regulations and how they fit into your organization. Most likely, the eQMS system will need to be tailored to your operation. I've seen a number of companies spend $$ on such systems, install them thinking that was all that's needed, and then dump the system because they didn't invest the time in tailoring. (And as a result, they often "badmouth" the systems when, in fact, the systems themselves are perfectly fine when properly used).

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Echoing both the fine posts above, and adding to them, in many situations "implementing "QMS is a battle to change a entity's corporate culture. From experience this can be an incredibly difficult task indeed...

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Hi All,

A very subjective question I know!

I work for a medical device product with about 150 staff globally. I'm hoping there are some people with an experience of implementing e-QMS systems whose brain I can pick:
1. What "good" systems did you come across and what did you select?
2. How long did it take to configure, implement and train staff?
3. What budget did you initially set and what did it actually cost?

Thanks.
How long have you guys been in business. How much do you already have in place.

Top Bottom