Critical Characteristics & Special Characteristics

Rush2608

Rushtam
I am new to tire manufacturing and I do not understand a lot of things when it comes to different types of failure mode on tire and severity level. I would like to know what are the important(CC,SC) characteristics to keep in mind when I work on PFMEA which could affect Fit, form, function or reliability of the product?(FYI- I looked at my part print but I did not see any critical/special characteristics assign to any features that I can use for my control plan and PFMEA. Also I would like to propose my design engineer too add these characteristics to the print so we can place proper inspection in place and make more awareness on the production floor by using this symbol).

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Also I would like to propose my design engineer too add these characteristics to the print so we can place proper inspection in place and make more awareness on the production floor by using this symbol).
I think that what you should do first is ask the design engineer for help in identifying special characteristics. Is there a DFMEA?

Rush2608

Rushtam
I think that what you should do first is ask the design engineer for help in identifying special characteristics. Is there a DFMEA?
The Design Responsible Engineer is not in the company anymore and DFMEA is no where to be found on our network drives. Not to mention that the corporate office is in different location where other DRE located. The company is not great in terms of keeping everything in centralized location where everyone can access these documents. I am trying make some contact with DRE to to get their insights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom