Efficiency of corrective actions

In my last surveillance audit the auditor wanted to see efficiency of corrective actions. I showed him records of having customer approval and approval of at least 3 months implemented corrective actions, however his point was how systematically I can show the efficiency of all actions specially the ones deem with higher risk assessment. In theory I understand the requirement but not even my auditor was able to show me how to have this documented. So instead of a OFI he erased the finding. Anyone has an idea how to fulfil this requirement?

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Efficiency just doesn’t make sense. (It isn’t a requirement in any case)

Did this auditor provide a written finding of OFI? Or was it just a verbal request?

Perhaps they meant timeliness? (Inferred from the comment regarding risk assessment)

It was a verbal request. I don't think he even understood the requirement. Just wanted to see if anyone has an idea how to fulfil the requirement.

qualitymanagerTT

Involved In Discussions
In my last surveillance audit the auditor wanted to see efficiency of corrective actions. I showed him records of having customer approval and approval of at least 3 months implemented corrective actions, however his point was how systematically I can show the efficiency of all actions specially the ones deem with higher risk assessment. In theory I understand the requirement but not even my auditor was able to show me how to have this documented. So instead of a OFI he erased the finding. Anyone has an idea how to fulfil this requirement?

ISO 9000:2015 3.7.10
efficiency
relationship between the result achieved and the resources used

Fully agree with the previous posters that it is not an explicit requirement in ISO 9001 that efficiency be considered.

And the auditor did the right thing by removing any reference to it (unless your QMS has something about it).

From the definition, I think you can consider how, over time (learning curve, technology, outsourcing, etc.) what have been the resources used to determine and implement effective corrective action. While that's beyond ISO 9001, if you have lots of NCs, then it could be something to think about.

Top Bottom