Forms Master List versus Record Matrix

QualiTEE

Involved In Discussions
We have a master list of forms (contains: Form Identification, Rev Level, Description of Current Rev Level) and an additional matrix of records (contains: Form Identification, Department of Use, Retention, Storage, Retrieval, Protections, Disposition).

Does anybody combine the two into one document? Seems easier to control.

Also, when revising a form, is it good practice to actually document what changed (besides revision level... things such as "revised header; changed color coding, new layout") ? We keep copies of all old form revisions in an "obsolete" electronic file. I'm looking to downsize some of our paperwork.

Last edited:

L.Soad

Involved In Discussions
We have a master list of forms (contains: Form Identification, Rev Level, Description of Current Rev Level) and an additional matrix of records (contains: Form Identification, Department of Use, Retention, Storage, Retrieval, Protections, Disposition).

Does anybody combine the two into one document? Seems easier to control.

Also, when revising a form, is it good practice to actually document what changed (besides revision level... things such as "revised header; changed color coding, new layout") ? We keep copies of all old form revisions in an "obsolete" electronic file. I'm looking to downsize some of our paperwork.

We have the 2 combined, i think it's easier if you have all the info in 1 place (as long as you keep all the important informations). we also document the changes (without going into too much detail, like the exemples you provided), and keep our old documents revisions in «archives» .

PS: we also document «who made the changes».

Krk2573

Starting to get Involved
We have 2 separate, the Master Document List and Master Records(Retention) list.
We have around 700 Work Instructions and Forms on our document list and our retention list if fairly basic so we've decided to keep them separate.

What format do you track/keep your documents on?
I'm currently using an excel spreadsheet with different tabs per department but have been looking for a different way to keep my list.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
We have one list. Retention is defined in a procedure (at least 10 years for everything, which matches our most stringent customer requirements).

In our procedure, we mentions that records are special types of documents retained as objective evidence.

Top Bottom