Gage R&R Newbie - Everything is Failing!

M

M Meraz

Hello Guys,

I was looking for a thread with this kind of information regarding GR&R. In the company which I work for, the QA is performing GR&R studies all of them passes but when I checked the information I found that in the cell for tollerance they put the tolerance of the material (e.g. they were meassuring the width of the fabric which is 150 + 5 -0) which is 3.3% and as far as I know the tollerance you must place is the tollerance of your gage, is it?

I will thank you any comment about this thread.

Regards.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
...as far as I know the tollerance you must place is the tollerance of your gage, is it?

the "tolerance" is the tolerance of the specification for the characteristic being measured. (upper specification limit - lower specification limit)

It is NOT stated as a % but as the actual width of the specification; so in your example the tolerance is 5.

M

M Meraz

Great!!! thank you to both of you. Has being a big help to understand the meaning.

By the way, did someone has a excel template for 4th edition AIAG GR&R?

Regards.

N

ncwalker

Whatever template you get, always, always, always key in a set of known numbers and validate it works properly. Most "Excel templates" that get passed around are very poorly secured which means over time they tend to get copy/paste errors where someone replaces a formula with a constant value and "breaks" them.

On another note: why isn't there a button in excel that if I click it it will highlight calculations on a sheet?

Top Bottom